Monday, August 24, 2009

Birthday Wishes in Soft Suede Flannel ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, Stampers ... hope your weekend was fabulousness!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS28, to create a masculine card. What's more masculine than flannel, I axe you? For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS28 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my flannel background in Soft Suede ink, tied on some weird cotton trim I found in my stash, then stamped my sentiment, cut it out with a Nesties die, matted it on Soft Suede card stock, then mounted the whole shebang on the card base using foam tape.

For the rest of the warm and fuzzy product info, check out the supply list, below.

So, hey, I wanted to mention to you guys that if you're interested in purchasing Stampin' Up! products, and who isn't, you can buy 'em from me! Clicky HERE to go to my Stampin' Up! online store. Once there, click on "Shop Now," and you're on your way to stampin' heaven!

Soooooooo, this weekend, I went on my semi-annual trip to Publix-Where-Shopping-Is-A-Pleasure-But-Where-There-Are-No-Shopping-Carts.

As I was walking out to my car, people were lining up to get my noisy and wobbly grocery cart.

After I unloaded the cart, I offered it to the first person in line, explaining, "it wobbles like crazy and it makes an awful racket, but it works."

"That's okay," the nice lady said, taking it. "I have a husband at home like that."

Hey! Me too!!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Very Vanilla" and "Soft Suede" by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: "Flannel" Background Stamp (Retired) by Stampin' Up!; Sentiment from "Sincere Salutations Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Tea Dye" Distress Ink by Ranger; "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Cotton Trim by Joanne Fabrics; Antique Copper Ribbon Slide from Antique Copper Hodgepodge Hardware (Retired) by Stampin' Up!; DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinders; Inkssentials Ink Tool; Tim Holtz Distressing Tool; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

12 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love your flannel background Deb!! It is perfectly masculine. Very CAS and beautiful! The cording and use of the nesties is perfect!

Tina said...

Such a warm card, love the background and the colors.

Crystal said...

OOO I love the flannel bg, this looks awesome!!! This is a great creation!!

Michelle (Lady2cu) said...

LOVE this card! It would even be great as a masculine card...and those are so stinkin' hard to make IMHO! Besides, I'm a background stamp freak! LOL!

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
I love the clean and simple look to your card! Totally awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

redwasher1 said...

Another gorgeous creation!

Chris said...

me likey....that's the new in-color, right? nice! i got one of those husbands too...they come standard.

Sharli said...

Deb,

I LOVE the flannel! Is that a background stamp? It's wonderful!!! Your card is a winner, for sure! So is your story about the shopping cart! I had a funny yesterday about a shopping cart, too. The clerk was rounding them up right by my car, so as I unloaded the last of my things into my car, I turned to hand it over to her and asked, do you want me to just add it to the row? She answered, "no, if you push on them they move forward". REALLY??? I never KNEW that!!!

Allison said...

Love all the texture here and such a great color palette!

Theresa Momber said...

You're an SU demo??? How cool!!! Love this card. That twine ribbon thingy is too cool.

The Rubber Maid said...

Super masculine card and love your background and use of the string/twine or whatever that is. Very nice. Pat

Elena said...

Gorgeous card, Deb! Love the flanel background stamp! Love what you did with the cotton string too!