Thursday, August 27, 2009

What a Lovely Day for a Scavenger Hunt!

Pin It


Happy Thursday, race fans!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" Design Team search. Designers must create a card following a sketch, a color combination, and/or an autumn-themed holiday. This card was created following a sketch.

For all of the sketchy challenge deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right on the photo.

I stamped the Season of Friendship tree with Chocolate Chip dye ink, added the leaves, the sentiment, and the bird from the set, tied on a ribbon, and added a scalloped border.

For all of the clean and simple product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and I teamed up to do some errands and grab an early dinner. Since Sheila's DH had an after-hours glass job, we left Reid-the-Wild-Child with Chrissy, a new sitter.

Sheila was a teeny bit nervous about this new sitter and called home to see if everything was okay. Apparently it was. So far, so good.

When we got back to Sheila's though, Reid was nowhere to be found.

"Oh, I think he went out to the workshop." the baby-sitter answered a tad too vaguely when asked where the Wild-Child was.

"You think he went out to the workshop?!?! You THINK he went out to the workshop?" (Sheila repeats things when she's upset.)

And Sheila was really upset ... with good reason. We ran to the workshop, but before we got there, here comes Reid up the driveway ... with a shopping bag in hand.


"Where have you been?" Sheila cried. "What have you been doing? Where have you been?!?"

"I'm on a scavenger hunt, Mom." Reid calmly replied. "And I still need a box of wild rice, a pork chop bone, and last Sunday's newspaper."

"WHAT?!? WHAT?!?" Sheila exploded, "What on earth are you talking about?!? What do you mean, 'you're on a scavenger hunt?'"

"Oh, well, Chrissy's boyfriend, that's Jason, he sent me on a scavenger hunt. And I'm doing really good, Mom!" Reid answered proudly, holding up his bag.

It was right about then that Sheila went a little berserk. And since I'm afraid of blood, I thought it best to leave. I'm certain that Chrissy won't be back ... I just hope she's still alive!

Thanks for stopping by; have a great day!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Riding Hood Red" (Retired) and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: "Season of Friendship" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Classic" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Scallop Border Punch by Stampin' Up; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

6 comments:

Tina said...

Love, love, love this! The colors are perfect. I *need* this set.

Crystal said...

This is GREAT Deb...love that tree!

Chris said...

very cute card...i WANT this set!

Maria Matter said...

Perfection!!!!


Blessings, Maria

Risa said...

You are sooooooooo funny Deb! I hope Chrissy is still alive also! *lol*
Your card is beautiful! I love the clean lines....simply stunning!
hugs
risa:)

Theresa Momber said...

Beautiful! I love the CAS design!