Monday, August 10, 2009

Reports of My Demise Have Been Slightly Exaggerated ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, stampers ... hope your weekend was fantabulous!

I'm so sorry to have 'gone missing' on you, but last week was just crazy! My eBay store, with approximately 200 listings, somehow went kaput. Everything simply disappeared and after hours of phone calls and emails, I learned I had to relist e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g! Which really gave me pause as I've been thinking about closing the store for some time.

However, my inventory of 'stuff' is huge and since I'd like to get it gone, I ultimately decided to relist everything and once done, have a huge sale. And no, I'm not yet done ... and I've added another thirty listings of stuff I've been meaning to list, but never did. Not to mention dozens of stamps I've decided I really don't need anymore ... I know, shocking! If you're interested, you can check out my new, improved eBay store listings HERE.

Today's card was created for last Monday's SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS26, to use stitching on your card. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS26 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky right on the photo.

I colored my old willow tree stamp using Brush Markers, then stamped on SU's "Very Vanilla" card stock. I mounted my stamped image on card stock, then punched holes around it's perimeter; I added stitching using DMC embroidery floss.

For all the mind-numbing product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooo, this past weekend Sheila and I went to our "All Girls - All Night - All Poker" card club. We used to play once a month, but with the kids home from school and family vacations, we haven't been able to get together to play in months.

Because I'm clumsy, I usually awaken the DH when I come home late from All G. All N. All P. night's. But knowing he had a very early service call, I decided I'd quietly slip into the house and undress in the living room. Yes, I'm very weird. Anyway, purse over my arm, I tiptoed neck-id into the bedroom.

The DH woke up, sat up, rubbed his eyes, and said, "Dammit, Deb! Did you lose EVERYTHING?"

I'm hoping to get back to regular posting again soon ... I just received the kewlest new holiday craft stamps from Janlynn's "Stamps Happen!" I just need to finish up in my eBay store, dust off my ink pads, and start stampin'!

I'll be back to visit all of your blogs a-sap ... and thanks for being the. best. imaginary. stamping. friends. evuh!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Bermuda Bay," "Chocolate Chip," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Willow Tree by RootStamps; Sentiment from "Bella Blossoms" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Color Medium: Marvy Brush Markers
  • Accessories: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Vintage Buttons by Papertrey Ink; DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Cuttlebug "Distressed Stripes" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Mat Pack by Stampin' Up!; Paper Piercer by Making Memories; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; The Ultimate Glue by Api; Glue Dots by Mini-Glue Dots; Foam Tape

14 comments:

Tina said...

Oooooo, loving this!

chercroppin said...

Wow, this is FANTASTIC Deb!! I LOVE it!

Elena said...

So sorry to hear about the e-bay store, Deb... Hope this will never happen again.
Love your card, especially handstitching!

Sharli said...

Deb,
LOVE the card - the willow is so elegant and the hand stitching is just AMAZING! It's very "kewl" to quote a famous artist.

Your story about coming home from the poker game made me laugh out loud at work, then I had to share with my co-worker! Then SHE laughed out loud and on it went! Thanks for cheering us ALL up today! ;-)

Risa said...

Oh Deb,
You are the coolest lady I know! I'm still laughing at your husbands response!!!
Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and the detailing is awesome!
hugs
Risa:)

Chris said...

good story!! made me LOL, totally something my hibs would say!! great card too, BTW!! >"<

LeAnne said...

Someday, before I die, I want to meet you -- in person-- just so I you can tell me a joke and I can laugh my b*** off!! Good one!! The card is stunning, and that is a doggone shame about your ebay stuff. I haven't put anything on there for a while----need to do it, I have way too much stuff around here!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the stiching you did on this one it is so bright and cheery. Keep them clothes on crazy lady. Pat

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, Deb, this card is gorgeous. Love all the details. That stitching is fab. I'm giggling over you losing your shirt (and everything else!) at poker night.

Maria Matter said...

Wow Deb.. This is gorgeous!!! Every single detail, just gorgeous!!!


So sorry to hear about your store, so much work involved, hope you get it all sorted out!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Curt in Carmel said...

LOVE this color combo and I really love that stamp. Great card Deb! What I a pain regarding your ebay hassle! Sorry that happened! Best, Curt

Crystal said...

Okay I want to know how I missed these!!! Where have I been, I am sooo sorry!!! This is BEAUTIFUL..love that yummy ribbon and these terrific colors!! AWESOME!

Chris said...

ok, i need this stamp!!! i must find it...great card too!

Shirley said...

How creative and beautiful!