Friday, August 28, 2009

Clean and Simple in Brown and Red ...

Pin It


Happy Friday, campers!

Today's card project was created for SCS's "Clean and Simple" Design Team search. Designers must create a card following a sketch, a color combination, and/or an autumn-themed holiday. This card was created following the monochromatic challenge.

For all the brown-with-some-red deets, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my flower image with the help of a SAMJ twice in Chocolate Chip ink and once with Riding Hood Red ink on Kraft card stock. I stamped my sentiment, added three vintage buttons, and finis! So easy, even I could do it!

TIP: For even placement of stamped images, draw a straight line in pencil, stamp, then erase your pencil marks.

For all of the tres exciting product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila decided it was time to teach her niece, Bailey, how to drive. On their way, someone decided they needed to take me along for the ride.

Since my Momma didn't raise no fool, I jumped in the back seat, leaving Sheila to ride shotgun up front in the death seat.

We circled the neighborhood, then once Bailey felt comfortable, we headed into the Village.

At a busy intersection, Sheila said, "Turn left here, Bailey. And don't forget to let the people behind you know what you're doing."

Bailey turned to me sitting in the back seat and announced, "Deb: I'm going left."

I'm still giggling!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Flower from "True Friend" Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment by CTMH
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" and "Riding Hood Red" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Vintage Buttons; Natural Twine
  • Tools: Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 4 1/4"

8 comments:

Crystal said...

OOO WEEE Girl I LOVE this!!! I LOVE how you did this...YOU ROCK GIRL!!

Tina said...

Awesome card, so sweet and simple.

Chris said...

very simple and very pretty! great job!!! oh and tell sheila my son will be right down for his drioving lessons....can he stay with you??

Elena said...

Love these flowers on this card! So pretty!

Maria Matter said...

Simply perfect Deb! love it!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!
blessings, Maria

Heather "Hev" said...

Popping by to say hi :)

Missing my time to blog hop - but hope to pop by and comment properly soon :)

Finally managed to make a card or two :)

Hope you are well

Heather

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

such a beautiful card Deb, I love it :) hugzz x

Risa said...

I love your beautiful card Deb! The trio of flowers are awesome and the buttons are darling!
hugs
Risa:)