Monday, August 17, 2009

Because ..... I Said So!

Pin It


Happy Monday, all and one!

Today's card project was created for last week's SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge, CAS27, to use some bling on your clean and simple card. For all the challenging deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS27 card gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I lurve this dandelion stamp; isn't it purty?!? I stamped the purty dandelion with dye ink and added some self-adhesive faux gemstones and cut it out using a deckle-edged die. I added the sentiment, matted my image, and tied a ribbon around my card base. Easy peasy!

For the rest of the mind-boggling product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooo, this weekend Sheila's Dad took Reid-the-Wild-Child to the Palm Beach Zoo.

After a few blessed hours of quiet, Reid and his grandfather came home.

"Did you thank your grandfather for taking you to the Zoo?" Sheila asked.

Reid didn't answer.

She asked again, "Reid, did you thank Gramps for taking you to the Zoo?"

Still no answer.

Then Sheila kinda lost it: "You answer me right now, young man! DID YOU THANK YOUR GRANDFATHER?!?"

"Yes," Reid whispered.

"Well, why didn't you say so?"

"Because he told me not to mention it!"

I've been listing stuff in my eBay store like a crazy-woman. For a look-see without goin' all the way to eBay, check out my eBay store widget on the right sidebar! What won't they thin' up next?!?

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" Card Stock by Papertrey Ink; "Very Vanilla" and "Pink Pirouette" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Dandelion by Hero Arts; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Chocolate Chip Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Faux Gemstones by Hero Arts; Pink Pirouette Ribbon by Stampin' Up!
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Deckle-Edge Dies; Foam Tape
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

12 comments:

chercroppin said...

Hey Deb, this is gorgeous! I'm a fan though of brown/pink, and this one is just beautiful!

Crystal said...

WOW Deb girl this is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE these colors!!

purplestamper316 said...

Beautiful card and right up my 'CAS Alley' :) Thanks for a smile every time I read your posts! <><

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous....now why don't I use that sentiment more often? I have it....I need to USE it!!!

nappy2CU said...

Deb, I just visited your store: Wow! Mega-wonderful stuff, and great prices. Thanks for telling us about it!

Brenda said...

Beautiful card Deb, and I love the Reid and Sheila stories they always make me smile and some times laugh out loud.

Risa said...

Deb, your card is simply stunning! I love the color combination and the image is beautiful! I've seen this stamp a million times but today I've truly seen it! Awesome job!
hugs
Risa:)

The Rubber Maid said...

Very lovely card, I especially like the die you used and who would have thought a dandelion weed would make up into such a beautiful creation. Great! Pat

Elena said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Love the gems! You really brought to life this stamp!

Chris said...

is that a...no it couldn't be...love it...i feel the urge to blow...at the computer...get your friggin head out of the gutter...i'm blowing...

Shirley said...

See what I mean. This is just gorgeous!!!

Theresa Momber said...

Hiya, Deb! Sorry I've been MIA. Crazy summer. Thank goodness its over. I'm going to get my head above water soon, I hope.

LOVE this gorgeous card!!!