Friday, August 21, 2009

My Florida. Okay, it's Not ALL Mine ...

Pin It


Just a tiny l'il section of it!

Today's paper crafting project is a vintage-inspired paper bag album full of original ephemera that I recently created. The theme is, not surprisingly, Florida!

This album is currently up for bid on eBay. If you'd like to check it out ... and see more photos of the album, click HERE. You can also clicky on my photos for the ginormous view.

So, you've seen the cover; here's the rest of it:


This spread is pages two and three ...


This spread is pages four and five ...


This spread is pages six and seven ...


This spread is pages eight and nine ...


And this spread is pages ten and eleven.

As you can see, the album is filled with all kinds of vintage ephemera including original photographs, v-e-r-y old linen "Moonlight over Florida" post cards, old game cards, and other assorted old thingies.

Sooooooooo, yesterday Sheila asked me to come along while she brought Reid-the-Wild-Child to the dentist. I think she thought we we're gonna be able to sneak off and shop while Reid was being dentified. No such luck.

And as my luck would have it, Reid insisted that I come in with him ... NOT his Mommy.

And as Reid's luck would have it, the dentist discovered a cavity that needed to be filled.

"Now, Reid," asked the dentist, "what kind of filling would you like for that tooth?"

Without hesitation, Reid politely replied, "Chocolate, please."

Hey, maybe I AM his Mommy after all!

~Hugs,

16 comments:

knitwit said...

That sounds like MY kind of filling! Awesome card! I'm trying to talk my husband into meeting the kids and me in Florida during his break this winter. Your card has given me some new inspiration!

Maria Matter said...

lol choc filling, oh, I'm using that one the next time the kids are at the dentist!

Oh my goshhhhhh Deb, this album is beyond fabulous....
Wow! just totally wow!


Blessings, Maria

Crystal said...

Deb this is just AWESOME!!! Wow what a fabulous project girl!

Tina said...

Super sweet! The details are just amazing! Makes me want to take a road trip.

Elena said...

Beautiful album! Love the vintage style!
Chocolate filling... My kind of a filling! :)

Allison said...

Your mini-book is seriously one of the best I have seen in a long time...love all the chunky elements. Paula would love this...off to send her a link! Love ya babe!

Curt in Carmel said...

I am always in awe over these. You do such an amazing job with the items you put in them and the great layouts of each page! Cute wild child story! Best, Curt

Crystal said...

Ah, wait til I tell my dentist husband about that one !! Absolutely LOVE this book ... what a terrific project!

Chris said...

that is gorgeous!!

Risa said...

Your folder is fabulous Deb...you know you rock!
hugs
risa:)

Shirley said...

Your album is just gorgeous! I love that cover!

Janine said...

Hey Deb!! This album is awesome... Love all the elements you used!!

nappy2CU said...

I am in absolute AWE of this, Deb. Each page is like a small collage, and to think that the buyer also gets that much authentic ephemera and treasures . . . WOW. Heading off to bid on it!

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Deb your album is just about the best I have ever seen Absolutely gorgeous!

Paula said...

Allison was right. I do love it! I like how full of "stuff" it is-makes me want to come to Florida!!

Theresa Momber said...

Wowza, Deb! This is amazing. So detailed and beautiful!!!