Monday, August 3, 2009

The Cutest L'il Jailbirds ... Ever!

Pin It


Aren't they?!?

Today's card was created for my Hallowe'en card stash using this adorable "Jailbird" stamp from Inkadinkado. Too cute, no?!? For a ginormous closer look, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my image twice on card stock, then paper-pieced the middle 'jailbird' on the original stamped image. The sentiment is part of the stamp and jess I love that spooky-kewl font!

I added some old patterned paper from my half-vast collection of patterned paper, some black rick-rack, and three foam spiders. I added the l'il gold flat-back pearls for 'eyes.'

For all the creepy product info, check out the supply list, below.

Sooooooooooooo, this weekend I was out with Sheila when we got pulled over by a traffic cop. Sheila tried to talk Sheriff R. Landon out of the ticket, but he wasn't impressed ... and Sheila got an expensive ticket for speeding.

When we got back to her house, she pulled out her checkbook to pay the fine.

"Wait! Don't you want to fight that ticket?" I asked.

"Of course not," Sheila replied. "I just want this out of the house before Ken sees it."

"Doesn't Ken pay the bills with this checkbook?"

"Good thinking, Deb!"

So Sheila wrote out the check, made payable to "Cash," then scribbled on the memo line: "One Pullover, $125."

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Summer Sunrise" from Papertrey Ink; "Tangerine Tango" by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: KI Memories
  • Stamp: Inkadinkado
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: "Medium" Black Rick-Rack by Wrights; Foam Spiders, Unknown; Gold Flat-Back Self-Adhesive Pearls by Michaels
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Nestabilities Die; Foam Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

11 comments:

Tina said...

Fun image! Love those spiders too.

Leslie Miller said...

It's hard to believe it's almost that time again, but it will be here before you know it, and you'll be prepared. I've always thought these Jailbirds were so cute! Great for a fun Halloween greeting. Your card is darling. Love the spider, too!

Sharli said...

Deb, I took one look at your image and said "prisoners" but then, thinking about the holiday, decided they were mummies. LOL I LOVE the card! I love halloween, too! Such rich colors and fun topics to play with!

Your Sheila story - as always - is a HOOT! Thanks for the smile.

Crystal said...

Deb these are the cutest jailbirds!! What a fun fun halloween creation girl!!! Love your design..too fun!!

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
This post made me giggle from the jailbirds right down to the $125 pullover!
lol
take care
Blessings, Maria

Theresa Momber said...

OMGosh, you have the cutest stamps! I love these little jailbirds! That's an expensive pull-over. LOL

LeAnne said...

What a cutie patootie......except the spiders. Don't. Like. Spiders.

Chris said...

way cool card, the jail-bird totally rock!! >"<

The Rubber Maid said...

How cute are those little guys. Is one of them your friend Sheila??? Yikes $125 is a steep charge for speeding, she must have really been traveling pretty fast. Pat

redwasher1 said...

How these cute little jailbirds are! I love them great card!

Risa said...

What an adorable card! I LOVE your image, it is so fun and cute!!!
hugs
Risa:)