Friday, July 31, 2009

Hey, It's Cousin It!!

Pin It


TGiF, my Imaginary Stampin' Friends! Is it just me, or did this week contain 10 days?

Today's card project was created using two craft stamps from Janlynn Corporation's "Stamps Happen, Inc." The Witches Hats craft stamp can be seen HERE; the Witches Shoes craft stamp can be seen HERE.

I thought it would be fun, fun, fun to use them together, a la' Cousin Itt (minus the floor-length hair), from the Addams Family. You remember the The Addams Family TV show, yes?

They're creepy and they're kooky, mysterious and spooky, they're all together ooky, The Addams Family. As I recall ... their house is a museum, where people come to see 'em, they really are a scream, The Addams Family. Neat. Sweet. Petite. So get a witches shawl on, a broomstick you can crawl on, we're gonna pay a call on, The Addams Family!

Seriously, it's amazin' AND scary what's lounging around up there in my head, no?

For all the frighteningly fun product info, check out the supply list, below.

Soooooooooooo, last night Sheila and I went to the Mall to check out the sale at Burdine's.

While we were wondering around, a voice on the store's loudspeaker announced: "We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will be testing the speaker system to make sure it works properly in case of emergency."

Then the voice added: "If you are unable to hear this announcement, please contact us at the Service Desk."

Have a great weekend, my ISF's!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: DCWV; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamps: Witches Shoes and Witches Hats by Janlynn Corporation's "Stamps Happen, Inc."
  • Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: Halloween Embellishment by Jesse James
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine by Provo Craft; Deckle Edge Die by Spellbinders; Deckle Edge Scissors by Provo Craft; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive
  • Finished Size: 4 5/8" x 7"

10 comments:

Elena said...

Very spooky and so much fun card! Love the Halloween colors!
Love your story about Sheila!

knitwit said...

I'm SOOOO glad I'm not the only one who randomly pulls up old TV themes. The other night, I was singing to my littlest guy, and I was at the end of the song before I realized I'd sung him the entire (long version) theme to WKRP in Cincinatti! Fantastic card!!

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, I totally love that TV theme song. Love the card, cool image and great colors.

Crystal said...

Deb what a FUN card...OOOo I just love this image!! Fantastic halloween card girl!!

Brenda said...

Awesome card Deb!! I am impressed that you can remember all the words, I couldn't get all the way through.TFS

Theresa Momber said...

Ha! I love this!!! Very cool to combine them.

The Rubber Maid said...

Super cute and fun card. Pat

Chris said...

cute card! the stamps look fabulous together!!

Maria Matter said...

Ok, I can't believe you remembered all that! I don't think I even knew what they were saying when I watched the show! lol
This is such a fun card Deb! great colors too!
take care
Blessings, Maria

redwasher1 said...

You know I have seen this stamp before and didn't pick it up now after seeing your cute card I wish I had. Fabulous!