Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hey, Don't Look at Me ...

Pin It


Happy Tuesday, crafty stampers wherever you are ... hope you're staying cool and happy!

Today's card project was created for the Finding Inspiration in a Layout Challenge in the Moxie Fab World. The challenge is to create a card based on a gorgeous scrapbook layout. Specifically, this layout:

I'm not a scrapbooker, but if I were I'd wanna create pages like this beauty!

For all of the challenging, Moxie Fab deets, clicky HERE to check out the challenge ... and there's still loads of time left to enter!

Here's my take on the challenge:

The color palette, paper strips, buttons, and round elements are taken right from the layout ... the cord running through the buttons was inspired by the white ropes in the photo, and the sentiment was inspired by the subject's willingness to try something new.

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, yesterday I headed over to Sheila's to help her pack for her annual trip to her sister's in Wisconsin.

I couldn't help but notice how cranky, teary, and clingy Reid-the-Wild-Child was but chalked it up to Sheila's upcoming trip.

When Sheila's DH came home, I got the answer:

"Daddy, I have a loose tooth. If it falls out while Mommy is gone, do you know how to handle this tooth fairy thing?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Vintage Cream" Card Stock by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Papers: "Offbeat Collection" by BasicGrey; "Earth Love" Collection by Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: All Stamps from "Simple Little Things" Limited Edition, First Anniversary Stamp Set by Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: All Dye Inks by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: Vintage White Bakery Cord; Vintage Buttons
  • Tools: 1 3/4" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up; Mini Glue Dots; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)

35 comments:

Karen B. said...

Did you know I was also a fortune teller? Yep, I predict this will be recognized!!! Love it! Love the CAS design. Love the colors and the cirles, the buttons and cords. Just. Love. It.

Linnie said...

This is a beauty..i love the simplicity but elegance
Thankyou for joining us at Whoopsiidaisy
luv
linniex

Lorelie Kim said...

GORGEOUS CAS card!!! Love the circles and strips of patterned paper!! Thank you for joining us at the WhoopsiDaisy challenge!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

As always, great card! I'm sorta scared to try this challenge now, so many of you have done such an amazing job.

aussiescrapper said...

Again, all the comments say it all, this is simply gorgeous Deb, I say simply because your wonderful style is simple but their is always so much thought, the colour of each stamp next to corresponding pp's and then the cord through the buttons, I love it, clever lady, and I do love the gorgeous layout you took inspiration from too, love the way she halved the journal card. clever too. Love to you dear friend. Melxx

Janis said...

This card is beautiful! Thank you for playing in paper with us at Paper Playtime!! :) Janis

Claudine Poch said...

This is beautiful! Very unique layout. I like the colors in each row match perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Speedy's Friends.

Michele said...

This is a gorgeous card! Love the circular elements and the colors!!! Your tooth fairy story is priceless!

Risa said...

Hi Deb,
At the moment all I can say is "WOW"!!! You took this challenge by the horns and rocked it out! Your card is FABULOUS!!!!
hugs
Risa:)

Judy Rozema said...

Absolutely amazing!! Love what you did for the challenge -- a beautiful work of art!

Lisa said...

The card is awesome! I love the papers and colours you chose! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!

Joanne Travis said...

Love what you did with the inspiration! This is so lovely.
Thanks for sharing with us and for playing in Speedy's Friends challenge this week!

Shirl said...

Oh myyy! What an absolutely gorgeous card! Absolutely clean and no fuss, just the type of card I {heart} :))

Chris said...

way cute card!!

Allison said...

Gorgeous...so makes me wanna pull out this set (since I actually have it). You are getting too good for me!

Tina said...

Wow Deb, this is a beauty. Love how simple AND complex it looks at the same time. Love it!

Maria Matter said...

love these colors Deb! Fantastic take on the LO...your so creative!!!

...you did it! yay! :)

hugs!

Lea L. said...

That card is fabulous!! I love the clean design and color combo!! Great job with the sketch challenge!!

♥♥♥Lea

Elena said...

So elegant! Love the colors! Great idea with the buttons! :)

Heather said...

SUPER fabulous layout! LOVE the details and colors and your card is absolutely STUNNING! Love the fall colors!

Jacki Randolph said...

Gorgeous!!! So simple but stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrap-Creations.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Deb - I love the fact I get your posts in an em and than I get to see them on SCF!! How fun and I love this card!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

redwasher1 said...

Deb, this is just fabulous!! Perfect take on the inspiration photo.

Jo, Paul & Jade said...

Love this card Deb, so clean and simple!

Emma said...

Such a gorgeous page and card, beautiful colours and details.
Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft & good luck.
Hugs Emma x
PS I am giving away another £10 voucher on my blog, pop over and enter.

joey said...

Hi Deb

I absolutely love love love your cardwhat a super layout, thanks for joining us at pollycraft

Joey.x

Rosemary said...

I really like your interpretation of the inspiration layout, it is so striking!

(thanks for the kindness at my blog - I love seeing that you stopped by!)(waving at the screen)

Cath said...

Hey Deb! Thanks for entering the Finding Inspiration in a Layout challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you played along! :)

Pat said...

Wow Deb! I am in love with this card. The clean look, the colors and the stamp are all great. Thanks for joining us at 2 Sisters Challenges. I look forward to seeing more of your designs.

Ann said...

Too cute!!! Thanks for playing along at the Nook this week!

Alex said...

great card, i love your idea :)

Peggy said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for playing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

cabio's craft corner said...

gorgeous CAS card and lovely color combo :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Crystal said...

Okay Deb how in the world did I miss this beauty!!! LOVE LOVE your cas design sweetie, and thanks so much for joining us at Going Grey this week!

Kristen said...

Great card! Love the layout of this...Fabulous job. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with scrap-creations!