Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trees Three if You Please ...

Pin It


Happy Thursday, crafty stampers ... hope your week is flying by!

If you haven't guessed from the above photo, today's card project is a Christmas card. I have vowed to make 200 holiday cards between now and December 15 in an effort to actually get some of them in the mail. Yup, that would be a Christmas miracle!

Here's this week's clean and simple holiday miracle card:

This card was created with the wildly popular Stampin' Up set, "Trees Three." It's been retired for some time but people are still paying outlandish prices for these on eBay. Truth is, I think this set is more popular now than it was when it was originally released! By the way, if you're in the market for this set, I could be persuaded to sell mine ... just sayin'.

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

So, since Sheila left for Wisconsin, I've been pickin' up a few hours of babysitting with Reid-the-Wild-Child.

So, yesterday, when Sheila's insane wacky sister, Jill, stopped by with her equally insane wacky boyfriend, Jack, I figgered they were there to relieve me.

"Oh, no, Deb," Jill said, "we're just here for moral support."

Great. That's what I needed: moral support.

"Well, duh, don't forget about the gift for Reid." Jack offered.

At word of presents, Reid hurried into the kitchen to see what he'd scored.

"Here ya go, big guy," Jack said, handing over a small package, "hope you can use these!"

Reid tore into the package ... and pulled out a pair of 'C' size batteries.

"Umm, thank you very much. But ... what do I do with these?" Reid asked.

"Geez, I dunno, kid" Jack replied, "don't you have some toys that need batteries?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... you rock!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Buckaroo Blue" (Retired), "Chocolate Chip," and "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: All Stamps from "Trees Three" Stamp Set (Retired) by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Buckaroo Blue" and "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

33 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your Christmas card, 'tis the season with the challenges. I like that you've included blue. I send Christmas cards, I just don't make them... we've got the opposite problem.

Rosemary said...

That's a lovely card, and very versatile - esp. if you aren't sure the recipients celebrate Christmas.

BTW, given what Jack has in his car - the present for wild child could have been a LOT more interesting! (batteries, though, makes me chuckle)

BonnieRose said...

this is a beautiful simple card, easy to replicate... it's gorgeous! perfect for holiday cards!

Brandi said...

Gorgeous! I love this image!

Tina said...

Super sweet. The image is fabulous.

cardcrazy said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Danni said...

That blue just pops off the page, gorgeous!

Juanita said...

Lovely card, great color combo and sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.

Avril Tanner said...

Love the colours! Thanks for playing along with Little Red Wagon this week!

Holly said...

very cute card!

Nicole said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the clean and simple style! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Nicole said...

Beautiful Christmas card! Love the clean and simple style! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)

Heather said...

I love your style. This is just beautiful.
Thanks for playing along at Freshly Brewed Challenges!

Lisa said...

Hi Deb, what a great Christmas card! Not too Christmassy but just perfect for the holiday feel, LOL. I see that we are neighbors, I live in Palm Beach Gardens. I'll be going to a Stampin Up workshop tomorrow in PBG. So nice of you to join us in the Shabby Tea Room!

承蘋承蘋 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Karen B. said...

Wisconsin?!!!! If she's like you then I've got to meet her! Why didn't you come up too? On to the card, I have this set too, it is timeless. And you've created a card that is timeless and so serene.

Linda Ledbetter said...

I can see why that stamp is so popular, and WOW, did you ever make something cool with it! I love this, Deb!

Debbie said...

So CAS and pretty! Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room and at Fussy & Fancy this week :)

Maria said...

Thank you for playing along in our challenge this week at Christmas Stampin All Year Long! Your card is beautiful!! Hope to see you playing along with us again!

Maria

jackiescrafts said...

Love this card, that image is brilliant and the sentiment is great too
Thanks for playing along at Magical Crafts this time

Jackie x

Audrey Pettit said...

What a beautiful and serene card. I hate to admit, after all the fuss, that I haven't seen that SU set before........but it is very pretty! :) Love the colors you used and the clean, graphic design.
Thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room and thanks for making me smile with your funny story.

Elena said...

Beautiful card! I love this trees stamp! Love the colors, and very elegant style to it!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I have so missed your magic Deb this really is magical that image again the CAS style which I am growing to love day by day superb work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Emma H said...

Wow, 200 cards? Good thing you started early!
Your card is lovely, thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky

Chris said...

my kids eat batteries here...we had to go to the rechargeable ones...i couldn't afford the regular ones...lol

love your holiday card, but i still want the other one i saw this week...

Maria Matter said...

Simply stunning!!!! this is soooo my kinda card...love the colors, design and that stamp!! fabulous card Deb!
hugs & blessings!

Sue from Oregon said...

Outstanding CAS card!

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, seems like the theme on the net is Christmas in July! LOVE how simple your card is and the accents of the blue.

Patricia St Martin said...

Wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Cards for men. Good luck on the challenge.

Deb Hickman said...

Such a beautiful card.The sentiment is lovely.

Paul said...

I love the clean and simple look you have going here. Thanks for joining in with us at Catch the Bug and hope we've helped in getting a bit of a head start for Christmas.
TFS
Paul

Mel X said...

Smashing card.

Thanks for joining us for our last challenge over a Magical - don't forget to check out our new challenge blog - CRAFT YOUR DAYS AWAY, hope you can join us there.

Mel X

knitwit said...

Beautiful, simple, peaceful, perfect. I think I may have found my Christmas card design for this year!!