Friday, July 30, 2010

Simply Colorful ...

Pin It


TGIF hoarding card-makers welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

As Sharon has previously mentioned, color challenges are her favorite kind of challenge. This week, Sharon has challenged us to create a paper project using green, yellow, white or ivory, and a pop of black.

Here's a photo to help get those colorful and creative juices flowing:

I was instantly drawn to the eye-poppin' chartreuse green and black color combination in this comfy bedroom. BTW, you can clicky on the photo for a larger image that you can either print or save to your hard-drive for reference.

These fabulous colors inspired me to create this:

To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a card or other paper project using the inspiration colors, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime150" so that we can find your project.

Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Sharon, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

AJ: The Willow Garden;

Barb: Explore. Dream. Discover.;

Barbara: Paper Pursuits;

Deb: Dream in Color;

Janine: 2 B Krafty;

Jenny: One Krafty Kat; and our talented Guest Designer for July,

Clare: Clare's Creations.

If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast Stampers gallery submissions, HERE.

We can't wait to see your green, yellow, white or ivory, and a pop of black creations!

Soooooo yesterday, Reid-the-Wild-Child called me up to ask me when I'd take him back to the Library to exchange his "Moth" book. If you're at all curious ... or if you missed yesterday's post and are a glutton for punishment, you can read all about it HERE.

"Well, I can't take you until Saturday afternoon." I replied.

"Oh. Well, how 'bout if I pay you to take me to the Library tomorrow?" Reid proposed.

"Pay me with what? You got a Trust Fund I don't know about?"

"Here's what: I hate to say it, Auntie, but your blog hasn't been funny AT ALL lately so you need a good joke. How 'bout I pay you with this fantastic, funny, wild, crazy, awwwwweeeee-some new joke I know?"

"Wellllllll, I don't know, how 'bout a test drive?" I asked.

"No way, Jose. You can trick Mommy with that stuff, but not me."

"Alright, okay. I'll take you to the Library on Friday. Spill the joke, Kiddo."

"Okay, here goes: 'What do Eskimos get if they sit on the ice too long?'" Reid asked.

"I give up."

"Polaroids."

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah, Reid can't breathe he's laughing so hard. After a minute or two, the coughing and choking subsides and he finally composes himself.

"So, whaddya think? Great joke, right?" Reid asked.

"Wellllllll, ummm, sorry, but I don't get it." I teased him. "Splain."

"Well, heck I DON'T know what it means! I'm just a kid! Geez, never mind, I don't wanna go to the Library with you now anyway."

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope your weekend is long and fabulous!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Basic Black" Card Stock by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: "Green Tea" Designer Paper from the "Mocha Chica" Paper Collection by Kim Hughes for Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Stamps: Flower Spray from "Nature Silhouettes" Set by Cornish Heritage Farms; Sentiment from "Trendy Trees" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: Versamark Watermark Ink by Tsukineko; "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: "Mellow Yellow" Speciality Embossing Powder by CopperKate; Flat-Back Pearls by Mark Richards
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Beautiful Wings" Embosslit Die by Stampin' Up!; Heat Tool by Stampin' Up!; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up!
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Side-Folded)

40 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Beautiful card - you did a great job with those colors. And that was good joke too! Thanks for playing along at Stampin' Royalty.

Heather Maria said...

Gorgeous card Deb! Wonderful design and the colours are so striking! Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week!

CraftinGranny said...

Fab card Deb! Love that DP and the inspiration colors. Thanks for joining us at For Fun this week.
"Hugs" Carol

Charlene said...

Your card is stunning! Love the black butterflies.

You really should write a book.

cbuswell said...

Just beautiful!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wow--summery, pretty design Deb! I LOVE the butterflies flitting up from the field of flowers!

Karen B. said...

Oh Deb this is just a fantastic card. The colors, oh my! Love how you don't have a speck of white on this card.

Sally Atkins said...

First of all Deb, your card is absolutely stunning. I love the way the butterflies flow up and curve round, and the way you used the inspiration colours is beautiful. Truly fabulous card.

Second, I've got to say your stories about Reid are just the funniest! I love catching up the with all the latest antics! His Eskimo joke is fab! x

Rosemary said...

The joke was great, but his response was also pretty funny (I'm just a kid).

Wow, talk about making a difficult color combo look fabulous! I'm not drawn to chartreuse but pairing it with the black makes it look so NOW (I'm usually not NOW, I'm usually a couple of weeks ago). You make such classic cards that are always spot on!

Hope the weekend is a good one and sending hugs from up north!

otomys said...

Stunning card, Deb. Beautiful layout and colour combination. Thanks for entering into the For Fun challenge this week.
Amelia x

Crystal said...

WOWZA Deb I LOVE LOVE this card...AWESOME COLORS and you totally rocked the inspiration!!! Beautiful work sweetie!!! Did I tell you I LOVE THIS????

Tina said...

This is so beautiful!

Risa said...

OMG.....Deb....your card is stunning!!! You took this challenge by the horns and made beautiful music with it. The colors are balanced beautifully! I absolutely LOVE everything about your card!
hugs
risa:)

AJ said...

ooooh- fabulous Deb!! i just adore the butterflies!

Helen Dooley said...

This is beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at For Fun.

pinky said...

Stunning card. Beautiful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.
Pinky
ps
you gotta love Reid lol.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a gorgeous butterfly card!

Thanks for participating in Anything Goes at Stamp 'n Doodle Challenge this week!

Danni said...

Oh Deb!! I just adore this!! So very striking!! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Lisa Jane said...

stunning card - i love those colours. great embossing - thnaks for joining us at Crafty sentiments this week
lisa ;)

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

Gorgeous job Deb... I would love to spend one day in your brain just to absorb a fraction of your talent! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

Maria Matter said...

oh how striking, it's beautiful Deb!!
Have a wonderful weekend my dear!
hugs & blessings!

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! GREAT card - I just LOVE the colors - I'll try . . . maybe I can get something done in the morning tomorrow . . .

Poor Reid.
Hugs!

Rleen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rleen said...

WOW! Deb, this is gorgeous! I love everything! Thanks for joining at Whoopsi Daisy Challenge this month. Hope to see you again next month challenge!
Hugs, Rleen

Michelle VP said...

What a striking card! I just love the dimension you gave your butterflies and that beautiful paper used for the background. Thanks for creating with us at Flutterby Wednesday this week. :)

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely stunning!! Your cards are amazing!

Blue_Orchys said...

Your card is fantastic ! I love the colors and the design. Thanks a lot for stopping by my blog :)

Jana said...

I love these colors. I could live in that room. And your card is beautiful. Gonna have to use this one for inspiration. Reid is a hoot. I need you to send me an email for your horn fitting, I need a bigger picture of you. jdeegs(@)cox.net
Thanks.

Lisa said...

Wow...very stunning card. Love those colors! Thanks so much for playing along with us at For Fun!

Ann said...

Wowza, Deb! This card and color combo are FAB! Delish!

Davi said...

Deb, This is fabulous!! I love that chartreuse and black and the way the butterflies spill across is beautiful!! WOW WOW!!

Dieu said...

Wow ... what a beautiful card. The colors of madness.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Deb this is striking ooooo I am in love with this one the colours those black butterflies this is pure quality.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sandra Farrell said...

Very cute card. I love the colours. I am so glad you played with us this week at Stampin Royalty. And a very cute story too. TFS

Barbara said...

CAS and fabulous! I love this, Deb!

Chris said...

good joke, reid!! i liked it!!

gorgeous card, love the balck with the green. it's perfect!!

Sabriena Satchwell An Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

Wonderful card!!! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week! :-)

Fink said...

Love your color inspriation! Thanks for joining us at Stamp n Doodle!

Tracy said...

Fab entry, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

LynCr said...

Beautiful bright & cheery card. Thank you for participating in our Challenge at Stamp-n-doodle.