Friday, July 23, 2010

Two's Company, Three's a Crowd ...

Pin It


TGIF stampin' paper-hoarders and welcome to the weekend! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

Is "two company, and three a crowd?" It is this week! This week, the Stamp Simply team is challenging you to use "2 of Something" on your card or other paper project. Some fun twosomes include: 2 different patterned papers, 2 stamped images, 2 brads, 2 flowers, 2 bows, or 2 charms. Be creative ... but don't add that third 'something' ... only 2 are allowed! Have fun with this one!

I created my card using: 2 different stamped images; 2 sets of 2 different patterned papers, 2 different inks, 2 different colors of card stock, and 2 ribbons:

To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a card or other paper project using "2 of Something," upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime149" so that we can find your project.

Need more inspiration? Don't miss the fabulous projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat; (Jenny is on hiatus this week)

Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; (Barb is on hiatus this week), and our fabulous Guest Designer for July,

Clare Buswell: Clare's Creations.

If you'd like, you can see all of the Splitcoast gallery submissions, HERE.

We can't wait to see your "2 of Something" project!

Sooooo yesterday, Sheila's insane crazy sister, Jill, stopped by. Since Sheila is away, apparently I'm her go-to-shoulder.

"Jack and I had a huge fight. It was over such a stupid thing, too. And now I'm so upset ... and I can't stop crying ... what should I do?" Jill asked, sobbing.

"Oh, don't worry, Jill, these things happen. Just try and relax ... this will all blow over, just you wait and see. He'll be calling to apologize before you know it." I offered.

"No, he won't. He hates me now."

"He doesn't hate you ... you had a silly fight. He'll realize that it was silly, too, and then you two will kiss and make-up." I said.

"No, he won't. And he DOES hate me."

"Umm, yes, he WILL, Jill." I said, beginning to hate her a l'il myself.

"He won't. I know he won't."

"He WILL." I insisted, completely exasperated.

"No he won't. I know it. And even if I apologize to him, he won't forgive me. Men are good for only one thing!" She declared.

"Well, yes," I said, "but how often do you need to parallel park?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me ... hope you have a fantastic weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Chocolate Chip" and "Crumb Cake" (f/k/a 'Kraft') Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Designer Paper: "Antique Document" and "Perennials" from the "Forget-Me-Not" Collection (Discontinued) by Daisy D's
  • Stamps: Floral Border and Sentiment from "Vintage Vogue" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Chestnut Roan" Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Vintage Seam Binding Tape
  • Tools: Mini Glue Dots; Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, Perfect Layers Tool, and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

64 comments:

Sharli said...

Oh Deb! Thank you dear friend - what a great way to wrap up my evening!

I love your card - the neutral tones are just delicious (my favorites, actually) and the two-for is beautifully balanced in your card - interesting and not staged at all. I love it!

Hugs!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Lovely card... TGIF for you my dear.

aussiescrapper said...

ha ha, love it, good thing I can parallel park pretty good myself, does this mean I don't need one for anything. Yay....lol

You know this is a hard card for me to work out, wow Dye ink and fluid chalk ink, wow lots for me here to investigate, I love it, and admire all the gorgeousness (not sure if this is a word) in your cards. Love Melxx

Dragon said...

Lovely idea 2 of everything and it works very well. Thanks for playing with the Stampman theme this time
Frankie
xx

cbuswell said...

I love the colors you used, lovely layout too!

Karen said...

REally lovely card, thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shops Best.
xx

de said...

Beautiful! Makes me wish for fall!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

KymKreates said...

Your project is splendiferous!!! I am so happy that you have joined us at the Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week and Good Luck!

KymKreates
DT Coordinator

Karen B. said...

Hee hee, I can never park like that either. Your card is so gorgeous, elegant, a real work of art.

Jacqueline said...

Very elegant card!

Ann said...

Great card, Deb! Hope to play along this week. Happy Friday!

hayward69 said...

Love the colour theme and the bow. Thanks for joining in with us on DDSB

Jayne xx

BonnieRose said...

this is gorgeous!

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty, wonderful design! Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Anne said...

Great card and great challenge idea! I can't wait to play:)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Beautiful sketch for this lovely piece of art! What mellow, luscious colors too!
Have a great weekend Deb!

Judy said...

Very beautifully done. Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs
Judy

Crystal said...

This is AWESOME Deb!!! I LOVE those images and what a fun challenge you totally rocked it lady!!!

Joycelyn Turner said...

GORGEOUS creation!!! Thanks for playing along with TOtally Stampalicious!!! And I giggled at your 'parallel parking' anecdote!!

Anita said...

Just goregous colors Deb. Thanks for playing along with us at Let's Capture our Memories. Hope to see more of your work. Hugs, Anita

Stephanie Kraft said...

Just lovely, Deb! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

lynn said...

deb, i just love this:)

Linda said...

Your card is wonderful.
I love your watermark. Can I ask were you got it?

Poor Jill, I hope you keep us up with the soap.

Linda
http://cardsbylinda.blogspot.com

Lisa B said...

WOW! This card is absolutely gorgeous. Can't believe this stuff has been in your stash for over a year! Just beautiful.

Thanks for the chuckle...I can't parrallel park to save my life. It's been years and years since i even had to!

Cor* said...

I just adore your 2 of something card, it hurts my head thinking of only putting two of something on a card!! lol I love your story too!! made me laugh OUT LOUD!! Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations this week!

Maria Matter said...

oh wow girlie this is gorgeous!!!! I love these earthtones & your design...just gorgeous Deb!
Enjoy your weekend!

Are you in the stormy region of FL??
We have family down there near the northern border.

Sally Atkins said...

Brilliant story at the end of your post there, Deb! You have a lot of patience as well as a sense of humour! Your card is wonderful, so artistic and creative. Love it.

Sarah Anderson said...

Beautifully elegant card Deb, great use of this week's colour challenge. Thanks for playing along with us in the play date cafe this week :)

Lindsey said...

Well this is so gorgeous I could eat it!
Loved your story, made me laugh out loud!
Linds x

~jan said...

Such a lovely card, Deb!

Julie Ranae said...

Simply gorgeous Deb...love what you did with these colors and glad to have your card in the gallery at The Play Date Cafe.

Sandi said...

Beautiful card! Glad that you were able to use some of your old stash on your card! Thanks for playing along at LCOM this week!

Basement gal said...

Wow it's beautiful. Good luck at creative inspirations.

www.alittlethisandalotofthat.blogspot.com said...

Love the colors and your card is so appealing and beautiful..... thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week.....

Harriet

annieambriel said...

I love this card. Such a gorgeous card. Love the stamps, ribbons... has that edged romantic feel :D

craftykitten said...

Stunning card, very classy! Great colours too. Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, your card is amazing. I love the softness and feel of it.

Monika Reeck said...

Elegant card Deb....Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week, hugs, Monika

craftyb said...

oh nice lil joke at the end there!! lol Beautiful card...with such a sweet sentiment...love your tones and that trim! Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

Ravengirl said...

What a gorgeous card! Those patterned papers are divine! I'm working on my "two's company" card and will load it up tomorrow!

Janine said...

I love it Deb!! As always just beautiful... Have a great weekend.

Julia Aston said...

What a fun challenge Deb! of course we are taught to embellish in threes on our cards! LOL! Not sure I could survive doing this with just twos!!!

love your creation by the way! great colors!

have a super weekend!

Jill said...

Whoa! This is a take-my-breath-away card!! BEYOND gorgeous!

Lynn Mercurio said...

I love this Deb. Such rich colors and fantastic images make this one awesome creation.

Paula said...

The sentiment is like the cherry on the sundae...just perfect for such a beautiful card! So glad you could join us for our color challenge of your favorite ice cream sundae at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a beautiful card! The earth tones are so soothing.

Allison said...

Utterly amazing. Great mix of textures...belongs in a magazine!

knitwit said...

I love this idea because I'm someone who ALWAYS naturally gravitates towards odd numbers of things when I'm making a card. Yours turned out gorgeous as ever. Now I have to see if I can step out of my comfort zone and try it myself!!

Elena said...

Gorgeous! And... the BEST card of 2's! I am amazed of how talented and creative you are, Deb!

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Deb!!
Love how you made your card all touchy Feely!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage!!
Love Becky xx

Tracy said...

What a beautiful card! Love the colors and the positiions of the elements. Just wanted to thank you for leaving a comment and becoming a follower of my blog during the Papercraft Star blog hop. Hope you'll enter some more of your beautiful projects in our challenge! Hugs!~~Tracy

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Deb this is totally stunning work what gorgeous colours and so love the images you have sued wonderful I love it.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful images and lovely use of the colors. Thanks for joining us this week at PDCC.

jennruggeri75 said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week!

Cindy Lee said...

Ohh Deb!! This card is so classy! It's one great card!

Ruby said...

Such a pretty card, a beautiful take on our colour combination! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOLY COW! This is my FAV card! I LOOOOOOOOOVE it--you have great style! Beautifully done:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

cindy said...

What a great take on the challenge. Love this card.

merniebug said...

Gorgeous and so creative. Thanks for joining us here at DDSB for this weeks ANYTHING GOES challenge.

redwasher1 said...

WOW! Deb your card is perfectly beautiful!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Gorgeous card Deb! These are my most favorite colors. Earth tones have always been my go to colors ever since I was little. Such a wonderful card! Best, Curt

Barbara said...

This is gorgeous, Deb!! Love the earth tones of this card!

Amber said...

Such an elegant card!
DDSB Hugs
Amber

Chris said...

beautiful card!