Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A "Simple" Recipe ...

Pin It


Happy Stump Day, hampers ... and welcome to another fantastic CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge! This week, we're inviting you to join us in a card recipe challenge. Curious? It's "S.I.M.P.L.E!"

Simply create a clean and simple card using at least 3 of the following:

  • A stamped or printed image;
  • Inked edges;
  • Masking;
  • Paper Piercing;
  • Lace; and/or,
  • Embossing.
For my card, I: Stamped a sentiment, paper-pierced the sentiment label, and embossed my card stock background:

To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a Clean And Simple card using at least three of the qualifying items.

Upload your project to your blog or online gallery and link your post to the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, located HERE, by 9:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, July 20, 2010. Please mention that you're playing in the CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge on your blog post. One random winner will win a £10.00 gift voucher from this week's fantastic CAS-tastic sponsor, "One Stop Card Crafts."

Be sure to submit your link to the "Simply Linked" widget on the CAS-tastic Wednesday blog. If you upload your project to an online gallery such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please be sure to use Keyword: CWC012.

Need more inspiration? Check out the fabulous cards created by the rest of the CAS-tastic Design Team:

Agata: Under Construction;

Angie: Angie Cortes Designs:

Barbara: Paper Pursuits;

Bonnie Rose: A Life Unrehearsed;

Karen: The Bald Dragonfly;

Maylee: Maylee's Creative Corner; and,

Regina: Regina's Scrap Creations.

We can't wait to see your clean and "S.I.M.P.L.E." card!

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:
Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: Card Stock by Papertrey Ink; "Corn Flower Blue" Card Stock by CTMH
  • Stamp: Sentiment from Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Dye Ink by CTMH
  • Accessories: Ancient Pinwheel Embellishment by Meri Meri; DMC Embroidery Floss
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Labels and Square Dies by Spellbinders; "Spots and Dots" A2 Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Paper Piercing Tool by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

34 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What fun! How on earth do you ladies come up with the ideas?

BonnieRose said...

fantastic, it's amazing me to me how many challenge u do with one card... amazing.. I don't do that well.. LOL

Agata said...

So sweet!!! Love this pinwheel!

dannisdoodles said...

awesome pinwheel, love this card!

Joan said...

Awesome pinwheel Deb!

Joan said...

Awesome pinwheel Deb!

K Andrew said...

Deb--this is beautiful--I love the paper pinwheel--and the colors. Makes me want to be outside near the sea!
I have a new personal blog now--I sure hope you can come by and check it out--miss seeing you!

All the best,
K Andrew
www.kandrewdesigns.blogspot.com
Giveaways, Tutorials, Free SVGS/FILES, Ideas

Crystal said...

OOOOO Deb this is fabulous....I LOVE that pinwheel!!!! What a great card girl!

Judy Rozema said...

Fabulous little pinwheel and design! You always rock!

Lisa V. said...

I love your take on the color challenge. This is a sweet card! I love the pinwheel. Thank you for joining the PTPD.

knitwit said...

Oh, I LOVE this card! My kid's Chirp magazine had a whole page devoted to making pinwheels a while back. So I guess I know what I'll be doing this afternoon instead of housework...
Happy Hump Day!

Tina said...

Oh my heavens, this is such fun card.

lynn said...

deb, this is just an adorable baby card! love it:)

Allison said...

Sweet and fun!

Danni said...

LOVE this!! so, so fun!!

Chris said...

very cute, love the pinwheel!

Aimes said...

Super sweet card with the pinwheel - way to rock that CAS challenge!
Thanks so much for thinking of us and entering this into our current challenge on A Passion for Papertrey too!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

That pinwheel is super cute! Thanks so much for posting to myshericrafts!

Nana said...

Darling card, Deb! Absolutely love it, as everything you do to be honest. :)
Thank you for joining us at "Crazy challenge" this week. Hope to see you again!
hugs Nana

Karen B. said...

This card is fabulous my friends! So bright and cheery and brings me back to the days when I was little. Things are winding down here, I'd like to call you soon! What night's a good night?

redwasher1 said...

How cute is that!! I love it!!!

Sharli said...

Deb, A darling card! That pinwheel is a hoot - and you matched 8 challenges??? Yikes!
LOVE it!

paperella said...

This is so lovely!!! The pinwheel adds such a whimsical feeling too :)

Bev said...

What a lovely card ! Love the pinwheel. Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

Risa said...

Hey Deb,
All I can say is "clean,simple and stunning"! Your card is a work of art dear! Like I said before, you are the queen of clean cards, I love your style! Thanks for joining us at KLSNS and good luck!

Lesley said...

Lovely bright CAS card! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Tanya Rudd said...

Such a cute and Summery card. Love the embossed background. Thank you for playing with Practical Scrappers this week.
Hugs
Tanya

Sue Frazier said...

sweet pinwheel! thanks for playing with us at Practical Scrappers this week!

Michelle said...

Very cute!

Eiglas said...

Clean and simple as described - and so sweet!
Thank you so much for coming over to play at C.R.A.F.T this week!
Hugs,
Eiglas
x

Rose said...

Lovely card, I love the colours and the embossing, thanks for joining us at C.R.A.F.T and good luck.

Rose x

Mandy said...

Fab card, love the pinwheel.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations
hugs Mandy xx

Inkyfingers said...

I really like this card - the embossed background really sets it off a treat.

Carol x

Valerie said...

I just found you via the Cards Blog. This card is gorgeous - love your grapic take on the pinwheel...and, you're a master at combining challenges :)