
Today's project was initially created for Jacki's "Leap Year Challenge." Jacki's challenge required that you create a card using the oldest, unused stamp in your collection. And boy, does this baby qualify! I've had this stamp since it was new ... which was 1995 ... and at the time, I just had to have it. And then, somehow, as stamps are wont to do, it went missing in my studio ... for thirteen years! I dug it out, which sounds easier than it actually was, and finally inked it and used it to create this card.
Then, while return-comment-blurfing*, I discovered this compelling story on Corie's blog, and knew that this card had found it's home! Please read Corie's post about Lois ... a young wife and mother of four who is suffering with cancer.
I create at least one card almost every day ... and so do you ... why not send it to someone who can really use a lift? Please, please consider sending one (or more), of your handmade cards to Lois ... you may be only one person, but together, we can send loads of positive energy and love to someone who could really use it!
I won't bore you with my belief in the whole, 'positive-energy-creates-positive energy' theory ... but, when you do think about it that way, you realize that you literally have the power to help heal someone! And today, we're working on healing Lois, okay boys and girls?!?
After you complete your card, go to Wilna's blog and let her know to expect your card. There's a prize involved in this RAK but I don't think anyone really cares about winning ... at least I don't.
Those of you who aren't stampers or card makers, please contact Wilna about accepting a store-bought card ... or even one of those freebie greeting cards that come in the mail. I'm willing to bet she'll appreciate those as well.
Thanks so much for sharing part of your very busy day ... now contact Wilna and do something really easy for someone who's havin' it really hard.
~Hugs, Deb
*This is like a full-time job!! I don't know how the 'famous girls' do it!!
Card Ingredients: White Card Stock, (Xerox 110#); Green Card Stock, (DCWV); Scraps of Designer Paper "Two Scoops" (BasicGrey); Stamp, "Posh Seed Packet" (Posh Impressions for Rubber Stampede); Ink, Palette Hybrid; Color Medium, Copic Markers; Flowers, (Unknown, my BFF sends 'em to me ... my BFF is spankin'!); Brads, (Unknown, found in Mt. Brad); Craft Knife, (Fiskars); Dimensionals, (Fiskars)





4 comments:
This is just beautiful -- she will love it.
Thanks so much~
This may be your oldest stamp but....it is a very beautiful card. Thanks for sharing!
How did you do the corners on this card? I'd love to know- they are really cute! You can e-mail me inkerbel@hotmail.com -TIA!
Hi Deb!
I think your card is beautiful!! I wonder who makes that stamp and the corners are unique too! Very pretty card. I will definately check out both of the blogs that you have posted in your blog. Thank you for sharing the information Deb and have a beautiful day.
malieta:)
Post a Comment