Saturday, April 5, 2008

"Here Comes the Sun" ... a Color Blocking Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's card project was created for Sharon's "Color Blocking" blog challenge. Since I had a veritable rainbow of brightly colored card stock scattered all over my work table from THIS project, it made sense to use more of these bright colors for this challenge. Plus, it saved me from cleaning up two messes ... this way, I only had to clean up one gianormous mess!

I used one of my all-time favorite stamps in this project; this smiling sun image is so cheerful ... it makes me happy just to look at it! I off-set the image slightly to allow room for my sentiment. And, from a design stand-point, it also makes for a much more interesting composition.

Using my scallop-edged scissors, I created a paper 'ribbon,' then tied the real thing over and around the card stock. I created a little 'bunny ears' bow and attached it using a mini glue dot.

A fast, fun, project that's colorful, cheerful, and promises that summer is on it's way!

Thanks for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Bazzill and DCWV Card Stock; Stamps, Stamp It!, Stampendous!, and studio g; Ink, Brilliance Graphite Black; Ribbon, Unknown ; Decorative Edged Scissors, Fiskars

10 comments:

My Paper World said...

Wow! Those colours are gorgeous!
LOVE this card! xx

Dee aka StampincuzILuv2 said...

Wow! great colors. This card just made me smile:) Thanks for playing

Corie said...

This is gorgeous -- love the bright happy colors!!

Allison said...

This is terrific...you rock the planet!

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... this is so fun ... makes me smile!

Anonymous said...

I love this card! Can you share the name of the company who makes the sun stamp? Thanks

nappy2CU said...

I love this - I never thought of doing this - thank you for the tutorial!

Maren said...

What fantastic colors! Love this layout and image too! Amazing card....just pops off the computer screen!!

Silli said...

very pretty, great colorcombo!

Deb Neerman said...

Hi Anonymous! You aren't registered with blogger and didn't leave me your email address, so I have to respond to your question here and hope you see it!

The sun stamp is called 'Soleil Points' and is manufactured by Stampendous!.

Thanks for visiting!

~Hugs, Deb