Friday, April 11, 2008

Wild Thing ... a "Mojo Madness" Sketch Contest Entry

Pin It


TGiF!!

I was t-h-i-s close to making this card in time to be a "15 Minute Project" but cutting out all those flowers took me well over the 15 minute mark!

Today's card project was created for Verve Visual's "Mojo Madness Contest." Click on the link to read the rules and see the sketch I followed.

I used DP from October Afternoon's "County Fair" collection and attached my cut-out flowers to my card front using the cutest little copper dragonfly brads. The flowers on the lower right are popped up higher than the others because I stacked 'em up on dimensionals.

Using a stamp from Verve Visual's "Wild Thing" collection and Palette Hybrid ink, I stamped the sentiment on a die-cut from the "County Fair" collection.

For some extra dimension, I popped up some of the leaves on scraps of sticky foam, added three dark aqua brads, and I was done!

Now, wouldn't it be nice if I could win this thang and get some more kewl Verve Visual stamps?!?

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me ... I hope you have a relaxing and creative weekend!

Tomorrow, I'm going to post an uber-kewl "Ribbon Ring" giveaway!! Hope to see you then!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Cut Card Stock; Stamp: "Wild Thing" Collection, Verve Visual; Ink: Palette Hybrid; Patterned Paper: October Afternoon, "County Fair" Collection; Brads, HOTP; Dimensionals: Fiskars

16 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Love it!!

Annapurna said...

Wow seems like a lot of work went into this one and looks like you are the only entrant who did not turn the sketch sideways. Is that composition paper in the background? :-)

Great work!

Laura Davis said...

Deb,
This card is beautiful! I love all of your work:)
Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!
Laura

Kisa Peters said...

Another great card! I love your style!

Jeannie Phillips said...

love these two new cards... they are both wonderful... you make works or art... great job
Jeannie

Lindsay Spencer said...

Wow! Your art is very pretty. You put a lot of extra work in it. It's very nice.

Terrie B x said...

This is a lovely card.I love the colours youve used.:)x

JessicaLynn said...

I LOVE the colors in your card just adorable.

Jessica Lynn
http://www.jessicalynnoriginal.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

This is just terrif! Loving the colors you chose!

Corie said...

This is so beautiful -- love that color combo!!

Silli said...

wonderful! I love the colors!

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

This is just fabulous! Love it! Thanks for playing. :)

Maren said...

This is AMAZING!! Love it!

Annapurna said...

You won!You won!You won! Go check it out....

Deb said...

Love this card, it's beautiful!! Love the colors and all the cut outs, wow!! That lil dragonfly is too cute.

SmilynStef said...

Look at you winning the Mojo challenge ... very much deserved ... this is fabulous!