Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CASE a Bloggin' Sistah ... a Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison asked us to CASE a bloggin' sistah; I knew in a minute that I would CASE a card created by one of my very favorite bloggers and artists, Shannan Teubner. If you haven't visited Shannan's so-inspiring-and-so-much-fun blog then get movin' cowgirl! Do it now and then come back.

Back? Where were we? Oh, yes, Shannan. Shannan is uber-talented, honest and open, modest, warm, and very friendly. Bein' that I'm kind of a 'newbie', Shannan has gone out of her way to make me feel welcome on SCS and beyond. I always get a kick outta visiting Shannan's blog and gawkin' at her incredible projects; you will too! Oh, and Shannan also happens to be one of the funniest writers in Blogdom. I always come away from her blog with a big ole' grin ... it's unavoidable, she's that much fun!

It was difficult to settle on one card, but in the end, I chose THIS card to CASE.

I added the card stock elements and then created my focal image on Xerox 110# card stock. First, I created clouds based on Jessica's uber-kewl cloud tutorial ~ so easy and fun! I think my first attempt came out pretty well ... so, thanks so much Jessica; this tutorial is a keeper!

Using stamps from PTI's "Green Thumb" collection, I stamped my grass and the grasshopper and switched over to PTI's "Little Lady" collection to create the hoppy-trail. Using Copic marker W1, I created a shadow under my grasshopper ... but I'm afraid it doesn't show up too well in my photo. INR though, it looks pretty kewl ... come 'on over and check it out!

I used a fine point black marker to draw some details on my grasshopper and the dots-and-dashes border, then added four pink flower brads and was done!

I love this card ... thanks so much Shannan!!!

I also wanted to show you this kewl Award I received from Kisa! I just recently discovered Kisa's blog ... she is so sweet and very talented; she's sure to go far in the stamping world ... click HERE to visit her blog.


Apparently, there's quite a list of rules that go with winnin' this Award ... one of which is to pass the Award on to five inspiring bloggers. Let me tell ya, there's no way I can narrow it down to five bloggers. Heck, I mentioned four wonderful bloggers just in this post! So, to the 8,743 other stampin' bloggers I love and call my friend, here ya go!!

The other requirment is to post a link to the originating blog: so, click HERE to visit Arte y Pico. I don't understand a word of it, lol, but I'm sure it's all good!

Okay, I'll stop now. I think this is the longest post I ever blogged ... and for me, that's really sayin' something!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, DCWV, Xerox 110#; All Stamps: Papertrey Ink; Inks, Brilliance , Palette Hybrid, Staz-On; Marker, American Crafts; Copic Marker

11 comments:

My Paper World said...

Awwwwww! supercute card! Love the colours! xx

Shannan Teubner said...

What a fabulous card, and I'm so honored that you chose me! And totally blushin' reading all that good stuff about myself! Hugs, girl!

Allison said...

You are getting better by the moment...you are scorching hot! I love this grasshopper, the clouds behind him and all those pretty touches of pink! You rock da planet!

Flossie's Follies said...

Your card is great, love theat grasshopper.

Annapurna said...

This is better than the one you case'd (shh...don't tell her).

Love it! Great clouds too!

Joan and Amy said...

This is very cute....I love his "hopping" marks and the scallop is wonderful. Joan

malieta said...

I love your card Deb and the colors are so pretty! Congratulations on your award, I visited that particular site and all I could do was look at the pictures.
Have a great day.
malieta:)

savy said...

There should be a warning label or disclaimer on your "Recent Projects" crawl: BET YOU CAN'T WATCH JUST ONE! LOL
Everytime I look at it, I fall in, and spend waaay too much time marvelling at your creativity!

savy said...

Who could not LOVE this??
And it has a GRASSHOPPER!
:-}

Silli said...

very pretty cards...I love the hopper:-) Bye, Silli

Kisa Peters said...

Well of course! Your blog is great!