Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An Awfully Bright and W-A-Y to Cheerful Sketch and "Glitter" Challenge Entry

Pin It


This wild-riot-of-color A2 card was created for Poetic Artistry's Mojo Monday sketch challenge. But ever since I won her Monthly Mojo Madness contest, I feel like, "omigosh, how am I ever gonna top that?" It's had an almost paralyzing effect on me: should I enter this card, shouldn't I, should I, is it good enough, no, it's not good enough, yes, it's good enough ... no, it isn't good enough, should I, shouldn't I, and on and on. But I put on my big-girl panties and am forging ahead; good, bad, or indifferent!

I just realized that this card also (barely) qualifies for Sharon's "Glitter" blog challenge! There's not a lot of it, but that's definitely glitter on the centers of those flowers. See, the thing is, I'm not much of a glitter-girl ... I love it when I see you do it, but me ... not so much.

This card would have qualified for a "15 Minute Project" ... except for the fact that I colored the stamped image with Prismacolor pencils, blending with Gamsol. The card itself; less than 15 Minutes.

I am head-over-heels in l-o-v-e with this new stamp from Hero Arts! I visit Michelle Rodgers' Stamper's Dream blog regularly and when I saw a card project she had done recently using this stamp, a compelling and irrestible force made me go immediately to her online store, Stamper's Dream, and buy it. Michelle shipped this baby to me at warp speed and I love it w-a-y more than any other stamp in my entire collection. Today. Tomorrow, next week ... maybe not so much. We stampers are a fickle lot, aren't we?

The sentiment stamp is from Verve Visual and is perfect to use with the SU word window punch ... so I did. I stamped my flower image twice and cut out one of the larger flowers, colored it, then popped it up on dimensionals over the first stamped image. The aforementioned glitter was sparingly applied to the flowers, I ran some pink card stock through the 'Bug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder, set some eyelets, tied on some ribbon, and was done! {breathe}

Oh. I also used a Copic marker (Pale Heath, V000), to create shadows around the right-hand side of all the flowers, but it doesn't show up very well in my photo. IRL, it looks kewl ... no, really! C'mon over, you'll see!

Thanks so much for spending part of your very busy day with me; you rock!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Xerox 110#, Prism; Designer Paper: Memory Box; Stamps: Hero Arts, Verve Visual; Ink: Brilliance; Copic Marker: Prismacolor Premier Pigment Pencils; Gamsol: Gamblin; Ranger Stickles Glitter Glue; Cuttlebug Die Cut Machine; Swiss Dots Embossing Folder; Nestabilities, Large Square Classic Rectangle; Crop-a-Dile; Stampin' Up Word Window Punch; Eyelets, Unknown: Found in Mt. Eyelet; Ribbon, Darice; Dimensionals: Fiskars

PS: I'd also like to thank Julee of Poetic Artistry for honoring me with the "Arte y Pico" blog Award. Thanks so much, Julee!! Coming from you, this means a LOT to me!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh Deb...I LOVE your card! There was no doubt in my mind when you bought that stamp that you would do something totally awesome with it!

I love the colors you used, and your embellishments are the perfect touch!

Fabulous job, my friend! And thanks for the kind words about my store! :-)

Kisa Peters said...

OKay, first of all....I LOVE that image! You colored it perfectly! Second...I don't normally love such bright cards....but you rocked it! Good Job!

Allison said...

Wow...it's bright but so cool! Atta girl!

Mistylynn said...

That totally counts Deb!
Misty

malieta said...

Very colorful and pretty!
malieta:)

Linsey said...

Deb, I can't believe that you toiled with whether or not to enter this--it's absolutely magnifique!! The vibant colors paired with the awesome lime embellies and scalloped frame are totally rockin'! This card nothing short of FABulous, dah-ling! And CONGRATS on your Mojo Madness win, what an accomplishment! TFS your card and so glad you entered it! hugs, buddy!

Deb said...

You don't know if you don't try and it is absolutely wonderful, so bright, cheerful and springy!! I love it!!

Debbie Olson said...

Deb, this is so bright and happy! Excellent job on the coloring and layout too!

Heather said...

Very bright and cheerful- I love the bright green and pink together. I like how you used the sketch.

Congrats on the award ;)

acreativeneed said...

Beautifully colored image! I just had to leave another post, too because I am still laughing over your Tip of the Day!! Love it!hehehe

Julee T. (Shadowcatcher) said...

A delicious card! So fun and colorful. I absolutely love the ribbons & eyelets. Thanks for playing! :)