Wednesday, April 9, 2008

15 Minute Project ... Vintage-Inspired Anniversary / Wedding Card

Pin It


Today's vintage-inspired "15 Minute Project" was created in a flash using card stock, ribbon, some gold embellies, and two stamps.

This uber-kewl stamp was purchased HERE from Diva Impressions ... let me just say that I love these stamps and the quality is second-to-none. And no, I don't design* for them or have any other affiliation with Diva Impressions; I'm just a fan.

I stamped the central image in brown ink on Kraft card stock, trimmed and distressed the edges with my .99 edge distresser, then mounted the stamped image using dimensionals. I also distressed the edges of the dark brown mat, added four gold brads, and mounted the whole shebang on my card front using dimensionals.

Using watermark ink, I stamped my "Happy Anniversary" sentiment on card stock punched out using a round file tab punch; then embossed with fine detail embossing powder.

I didn't have any ribbon that exactly matched my ink, so I used a sepia Copic marker to color a length of white, 1/4" wide satin ribbon. I folded over a teeny scrap and adhered it to the back of the file tab. I slipped the same ribbon through a gold ribbon slide and adhered 'em both to my card front.

Finally, I added a little shine by tying some sparkly gold embroidery fiber around the fold of the card.

Easy peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill; Stamps: Wedding (Diva Impressions), Sentiment, (Papertrey Ink); Ink: Versamark, Palette Hybrid; Copic Marker; Embossing Powder: Ranger (Queens Gold); Embroidery Floss (DMC); Brads and Ribbon Slide (Unknown, found in Mt. Metal Embellies); Ribbon: (Unknown); Edge Distressing Tool (Heidi Swapp); Dimensionals (Fiskars)


*Guess I spoke too soon!! Since this project was posted, I've been invited to design for Diva Impressions; and I said yes!! Thanks so much, Beth!

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

What a beautiful card ... the different gold accents really tie everything together.

malieta said...

Beautiful card Deb! I love this card and the accents and paper tearing rock!
malieta:)

Silli said...

Deb, this is beautiful, love the paper and the color. Bye, Silli

Ana Baird said...

Stunning and awesome!

Kisa Peters said...

This is great too! So rich!