Wednesday, April 2, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a "Floral" Blog Sketch Challenge

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute" card project was created for Lizzie Anne Designs weekly sketch challenge. I love participating in these challenges as the girls always throw in an extra "twist." This week, in addition to following a sketch, you also had to incorporate florals in your project.

My floral image was stamped on Xerox 110# card stock, colored with Copic markers, and cut with a Nestie in the Cuttlebug. I added some orange ribbon and a mini file-folder die cut from October Afternoon's "County Fair" collection.

In keeping with the sketch, I removed the file tab from the right hand side of the die-cut and reattached it to the left side of the file folder.

In not keeping with sketch, I added three paper flowers on the left. Really, I had too ... that wide, empty space just sat there, staring at me. So, I caved and filled the emptyness with some handmade and Prima flowers, and three antique copper brads.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me ~ and thanks for all your kind comments; I really appreciate receiving them from you!

~Hugs,


Xerox 110# Card Stock; Stamp: Hero Arts, Ink, Staz-On Timber Brown; Copic Markers, Prima Flowers, Designer Paper, October Afternoon, "County Fair" Collection; Ribbon, Offray, Brads, American Crafts

9 comments:

Allison said...

Me loves this...super elements and color combo!

Maren said...

So gorgeous! Love these colors! So striking!

Flossie's Follies said...

This is such a great card, love those flowers and the colors you used.

Seanwinz said...

I love your work! Are your cards available for sale anywhere?

Thank you.

Joan and Amy said...

Very nice....I love the flowers along the side. Joan

Kisa Peters said...

Great card! I love the "file" background!

malieta said...

Very cute and I love the flowers!
malieta:)

Chris said...

I love your card! What made me even happier was your 600+ Pogo badges, LOL!!! I thought I was the only one who mixed scrapping with Pogo! LOL

Deb Neerman said...

This is an answer to Sean's question, above. Since I have no way of getting in touch with you, I'll answer here and hope you see it:

I'm always happy to sell my cards! If there's anything you're interested in, please just email and I'll see if I still have them. You can find an email link on the upper right-hand sidebar.

I give away a lot of them but this particular card I do still have.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

~Hugs, Deb