Thursday, April 17, 2008

'Patchwork of Memories' ... a "Suggestive Sunday" Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week's challenge: create something kewl using left-over scraps, itty bits, and tiny pieces of paper.

These ^ scraps are everywhere in my studio ... all left over from my repeated use of this uber-kewl "County Fair" paper collection. LOLOL, I warned you!

I simply wove the paper strips together, taped them in place, trimmed and distressed the edges, and mounted the piece on my card stock using ATG adhesive and brads.

I stamped this awesome sentiment stamp from Healing Expressions Art Stamps on Xerox 110# card stock using Palette Hybrid ink. I stamped the little PTI curlicue thingie in teal Palette Hybrid ink, then cut out the sentiment using Nesties from the Large Classic Oval collection. I used a Large Scallop Oval to cut the mat for the sentiment.

Finally, I added two picture frame hangers and some teal grosgrain ribbon. Easy-peasy and a fun way to use up all those scraps I know you're hoarding ... Ummm, oh yes you are!

I just realized that I've surpassed 10,000 hits, wowza! Thank you so much! In honor of the momentous occasion, I'm going to put together some nice blog candy booty for you. So watch for that as I really want YOU to win!

Thanks for spending part of your busy day with me!

Hugs,

Card Stock: Bazzill, Xerox 110#; Designer Paper: County Fair, October Afternoon; Stamps: Sentiment, Healing Expressions Art Stamps, Curlicue, Papertrey Ink; Ink: Palette Hybrid; Metal Embellies: Unknown, Found in Mt. Brad; Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Cuttlebug Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities by Spellbinder's; Heidi Swapp Distressing Tool; Adhesive: Scotch ATG; Dimensionals: Fiskars

6 comments:

Allison said...

This is amazing and exactly what I had in mind (I don't think everybody got it!). I love the color palette and your layout is perfect. I am gonna CASE you...no ifs, ands or buts about it!

malieta said...

Very very cool use of scraps Deb!
I love the outcome and the stamp you used. I tell ya, using scraps to make a card can be difficult. But....you aced this challenge. Rock on girl!
hugs
malieta:)

Annapurna said...

Wowza. Uber cool project using scraps. Love the color combination.

Did you see the creator of the peacock stamp stopped by? I was so happy. Yay!

What is for blog candy? I am dying to find out. xx

Kisa Peters said...

What a great card! I LOVE IT!

Erica B. said...

That is gorgeous!! I never do cards with the saying as the focal point, I shou;s start!

Joan said...

This is great...I love the folded paper. Joan