Friday, April 18, 2008

Three Kewl Penguins = Two Blog Challenge Entries

Pin It


Today's card project was created for "The Cat's Pajama's" sketch challenge. This week, the TCP challenge is being hosted by Leigh O'Brien; click HERE to visit Leigh's blog for the deets, including the sketch I followed. As always, you can click on the image for a closer look.

This afternoon, while I was waiting for my image to upload, I wandered off into Blogdom, starting with Sharon's blog ... 'cuz it's Friday and Friday's the day that Sharon posts her new challenges. And also 'cuz I read Sharon's blog regularly (TIP: you should too).

Anyway, if you follow my blog, you know that I'm havin' some really great luck this week, (if you don't follow, and are curious, you can view my older posts for the skinny). And, just as my recent spate of good luck would have it, Sharon's latest "Stamp Simply" challenge is to create a card using a black accent. Any kind of black accent ... including ribbon. Score!!!

I love these kewl little "Imaginisce" stamps ... very inexpensive and soooo stinkin' cute! These two are from the "A Shore Thing" collection. I stamped 'em with Brilliance ink, then stamped again on my patterned paper to paper piece various parts of the image. TIP: for realistic eyes, add a dot of white gel pen. And yes, I see the irony ... 'cuz I live for irony.

I set some eyelets, ran some black grosgrain ribbon through, then mounted my images over the ribbons using dimensionals. I think these little alpha tiles are from Doodlebug, but I'm not sure as the original packaging is l-o-n-g gone (greenly, of course).

In other news, I'm still pulling together some neato-keen blog yummies to give away here. I think you're really gonna love the fun stuph I'm adding to the candy-pile!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me; have a relaxin' and creative weekend!

~Hugs,

Ingredients: Card Stock: Bazzill, Xerox 110#; Origami Paper (Source, Unknown - my BFF sent it to me); Stamps: Imaginisce; Ink: Brilliance 'Graphite Black'; Gel Pen, Art Deco Paint Pen; Cuttlebug Die-Cut Machine; Spellbinder's Nestabilities Dies; Crop-a-Dile; Grosgrain Ribbon, (Source, Unknow - obtained in a ribbon share); Embroidery Floss: DMC; Alpha Tile: Doodlebug (I think); Dimensionals, Fiskars; Adhesive: ATG 714; White Eyelets: American Crafts

11 comments:

Annapurna said...

The penguins and the outfits you gave them are so cool. Love the alpha tiles too.
Waiting to see what that blog booty is... can't take this any more ;-)
You have a great weekend too. xx

Shannan Teubner said...

This is awesome, Deb! I love it!

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh....these little guys are AWESOME! You're really outdone yourself here! :-)

Heather said...

Love your challenge card. I have seen so many cute cards with that Popsicle penguin that I bought him last weekend.

malieta said...

Awwwwww....too cute girl!!! I love those penguins alot and you rocked this challenge.
Have a wonderful weekend Deb.
malieta:)

Allison said...

I love what you did here...and how smart are you to use the burgundy (terrif!).

chelemom said...

This is sooooo cute!!!

Leigh said...

This card is completely adorable, Deb. I have been eyeballing those Imaginisce penguins for some time now. Gotta find some and get them soon! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

acreativeneed said...

This is way too fun! I've had these stamps for a few weeks now and have not really known what to do with them! What a great card!

Heather said...

OMG, your card is absolutely adorable!!!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

So adorable! Luuurve the images, and you picked great colors! The ribbon behind the main images is fabulous.