Thursday, May 1, 2008

15 Minute Project ... a "Thinking Outside the Box" Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's card project was created for Sharon's "Stamp Simply" blog Challenge. This week, Sharon's challenge called for "Thinking Outside the Box" ... meaning to use a stamp in some way other than the way it was originally intended to be used. Got all that? Good!

It took me longer than 15 Minutes to decide on a stamp, but once I did it was downhill from there.

I chose to use this "Outlines" ladybug stamp. I stamped my image on Xerox 110# card stock and once again on DCWV colored card stock. Then I flipped it upside down, punched out some card stock flowers and leaves, and created a shadow with a Copic marker (W1)

I mounted everything on my base card stock using dimensionals and added a loop of ribbon for ... for some reason I can't remember ... it seemed like a good item at the time ... and was done!

Regarding the Diva Impressions stamp giveaway, I've yet to hear from the winner (either one, actually), sooooo I'll wait a couple of days and if the winner still hasn't surfaced, I'll draw again for a new winner. So, if you originally posted a comment on that giveaway, you may have another shot at winning 'em!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Xerox 110#, Prism, DCWV, Bazzill; Stamp: Outlines Rubber Stamps; Ink: Ranger Distress Ink in Black Soot; Copic Marker W1; Die Cut Machine: Provo Craft; Dies: Spellbinder's; Punches: Various; Grosgrain Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share

8 comments:

Erica B. said...

I really didn't see the ladybug until you pointed it out! Love the design.

Shirley said...

First of all it is stunning, next you are just so creative with the vase!!!Ladybug.

Jen Glover said...

So creative! I love it! That stamp is adorable and works so perfectly!!!! CUTE!

malieta said...

Hey Deb,
You really rocked this challenge girlie! At first glance, I thought I was looking at a vase!!! Using the ladybug's body as a vase was genius and those flowers are beautiful!
malieta:)

Allison said...

Look at you...you're so smart! And I am so glad you're safe...the wild jackals have me pinned with only dictation software to rely on!

Annapurna said...

This is way too cute! Love that idea. Never would have thought of it myself.

SmilynStef said...

Aren't you the clever one ... and that punched bouquet is adorable ... wonderful card.

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous card! Love the colours and very creative!!