Wednesday, May 14, 2008

15 Minute Project ... and a Blog Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's "15 Minute" card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison's challenge required that you use a stamp that you would normally stamp, then color ... but don't. In other words, no coloring allowed!

I decided to stamp my image on a paint sample card ... allowing me to stay within the challenge guidelines and to add some color to my project ... pretty sneaky, huh?

I love using paint sample cards in my projects! Mostly because they're free but also because they're always so colorful ... usually featuring all the latest designer colors and, like this ^ paint sample card, some really kewl color combinations!

TIP: When stamping on paint sample cards, be sure to use a solvent ink, like Staz-On, to insure that the ink stays put. To prevent smudging your stamped image, lift your stamp straight up ... while holding the paint sample card down with the other hand.

Using scraps left over from the same paint sample card, I punched out some butterflies and cut an oval for my sentiment. Easy peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me! And please feel free to ask me any question you might have about stamping in general or stamping on paint sample cards in particular, okeedokee?!?

Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, Prism; Paint Sample Card: Lowe's Home Center; Flower Stamp: Hero Arts, "Pattern Flowers"; Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink, "Simple Little Things" Limited Edition Anniversary Collection; Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko; Die-Cut Machine: Provo Craft; Die: Spellbinder's Nestabilities "Petite Scallop Oval" Collection; Butterfly Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts; Ticket Corner Punch: Stampin' Up!; Adhesive: ATG 714; Dimensionals: All Night Media

9 comments:

Chris said...

i love it!! i have tons of paint samples laying around here!! thanks for the inspiration...once again you've blown me away!! >"< i had to show my friend your window box card, she about died when she saw it!!

Annapurna said...

Very cool! Love the colors you chose too. You Rock!

savy said...

Good Lord - This is crazy good!

Allison said...

You are the queen and I am a mere peasant! Brilliant take on the challenge!

Deb said...

This is really beautiful! I love the colors and the butterflies, You take a great picture too!

Aimee said...

This is great! You think the people at Lowe's or Home Depot would mind if I kept coming back for more samples? LOL. No really, this is a really cool card!Love it!

Julia Aston said...

Great idea stamping on the paint chip and what great colors on it! love that busy stamp too! how much easier NOT to color all that in!! very pretty card - interesting challenge!

Smriti said...

What a lovely idea!

malieta said...

Oh...I love your card and who would have guessed you used a paint sampler card??!!! I love your idea!
malieta:)