Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Think That I Shall Never See ...

Pin It


... a rubber stamp that I don't need.

Today's card project was created using more kewl designer paper from October Afternoon's "County Fair" collection. Strangely, I'm still not sick of this DP ... yet.

I inked up my JudiKins tree stamp with watermark ink, followed by fluid chalk ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. I did the same with my D.O.T.S. grass image. In a wild and reckless maneuver, I embellished the leaves using white opal Liquid Pearls.

I added a rub-on sentiment from October Afternoon, die-cut my mats, tied on some dark brown ribbon, and was done! Easy-peasy and almost ready in 15 Minutes!

I've been playing around with clear embossing powder resist techniques and will have a project or two to show you in the next day or so. Get out your walnut ink; we're gonna be makin' a mess!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Cut Card Stock (LOVE this stuff!), Xerox 110#; Designer Paper: October Afternoon, "County Fair" Collection; Stamps: Tree, JudiKins; Grass, D.O.T.S.; Inks: Watermark,Versamark; Fluid Chalk Ink, ColorBox; Clear Embossing Powder: Ranger; Liquid Pearls, Ranger; Rub-On Transfer: October Afternoon; Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Die-Cut Machine: Provo Craft; Dies: Spellbinder's Nestabilities; Adhesive: ATG 714; Dimensionals: All Night Media

12 comments:

malieta said...

Hey Deb!
I love your card and I wish that I could emboss like you! Mine always turns out ugly and I rarely emboss anything.
hugs
malieta:)

Deb said...

This is soooo beautiful and I agree, I rarely see a rubber stamp that I don't "need"!!

Allison said...

Gorgeous...I want that stamp (no doubt about it!).

julie king said...

this card is gorgeous. i love trees and this color combination! wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful tree stamp! love the brown and blue together - and I totally agree with your title - and I really have to start using all the stamps I buy that I can't live without!!

Annapurna said...

Is this DP on your ebay store? Cool tree of eyes ;-) and love the DP.
Love this!!! (copied and pasted :-D )

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh I so love your creations. I have to say I can see the time and thought you put into every photo! That alone has me in awe!!

Joan said...

Beautiful card. Joan

Michelle said...

I LOVE this card! I order from JudiKins all the time...so how have I missed that stamp?

It must be because I didn't have a fabulous sample like yours to steer me to it! :-)

Kisa Peters said...

Great card! LOVE the boldness of the colors!

Smriti said...

A very elegant card - the color combo and the embossing has created the perfect effect!

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE,LOVE this card. I just love the colors you have been useing lately. Stacycarotenuto@aol.com