Friday, May 30, 2008

15 Minute Project ... Using the Walnut Ink Resist Technique

Pin It


TGIF! And, just askin', but was this the longest week in the history of the world, or what? Or was it just me?!?

Today's vintage-inspired "15 Minute Project" was actually created in two sessions. In the first, I used THIS gorgeous stamp from Diva Impression, to create my focal image using the Walnut Ink Resist Technique. Basically, you stamp on your matte finish card stock with clear embossing powder, heat, then treat the paper with lots o'walnut ink. For my complete tutorial on this kewl technique, click HERE.

I matted my card stock with DP from BasicGrey and added my sentiments using matted twill stickers from All My Memories.

Finally, I added some dark brown grosgrain ribbon, and finis! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Now, if the weekend will pass as slowly as this week did, we'll be golden!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... and I hope your weekend goes by slowly too!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Sorbet "Cappuccino" from CutCardStock; Designer Paper: BasicGrey; Stamp: "Sunflower Collage" from Diva Impressions; Ink: Versamark; Walnut Ink: 7gypsies; Sentiments: "Twill Sayings" from All My Memories; Ribbon: Unknown (Obtained in a Ribbon Share); Adhesive: ATG 714

11 comments:

Allison said...

Another winner...love the use of this ink esp. with the flower!

Margaret said...

What a great stamp! When I first looked closely at the resisted image, I wondered: How'd she do that?!? Love the colors but I'm in a brown mood myself right now.

Deb said...

Wow this is gorgeous and I love the way you decorate around your pictures!! The flowers and dew drops are fabulous!

Aimee said...

This is cool! I'll have to try sometime. PS I tagged you.
have a great weekend!

Anne said...

No Way!! This has been the shortest and quickest week in the history of the world for me - I've spent every day going "Slow down, slow down..." Where's it gone?? Argh!!

Now I have to say Deb, I have never seen resist technique done as fabulously as this - ever! This is amazing! I soooo want to try it out ~ off to check out your tutorial now.
PS... fank yew for your lovely comments on my blog... waaaay too kind! :o) xx

Annapurna said...

Very nice! I like this one more than the tutorial one. Nice layout too.

julie king said...

love the colors and the stamp! and, yes, it was a very long week, my first week at my new job which can be trying. the good news is i survived and it's the weekend!!

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

This is great! Love the walnut resist image - what a great look for that stamp.

Julia Aston said...

Love the technique on this card Deb! wonderful colors and stamps used!

I'm afraid the weekend just sped away! and here I am back at work again!

malieta said...

Your card is beautiful Deb, you are so creative!!!
malieta:)

Kisa Peters said...

Wow! LOVE this look....it looks like it was computer generated in a photo-editing program....but it's not! Looks great!