Saturday, May 24, 2008

Got Any Three's?

Pin It


I kill me ...

Today's card project was finally created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to create a "manly" card. Ahhhh, the dreaded "manly" card ... the curse of the card maker!

I stamped my fishing lure image with Versamark and heat embossed with "Java Jolt" embossing powder, then attached it to a length of natural jute thread using a jump ring. I recycled a twig from my yard for my "fishing pole" and wrapped the opposite end of the jute thread around the twig and glued it in place. I used slivers of dimensionals to mount the lure.

TIP: Always save the excess "stuff" after you've used up your sheets of push-out dimensionals. The remaining sheet of ... well, holes ... can be cut into tiny pieces to use on smaller projects.

My sentiment was created using Velvet Alpha stickers ... I think they're from Making Memories but don't have the original packaging so your guess is as good as mine. The "waves" were created with Fiskars decorative edge scissors and the sea gulls were cut freehand. What's that? They don't look much like sea gulls?!? LOLO, I'm not surprised, I can barely cut a straight line freehand! Oh, that little bit of grey along the top of the "wings" ... I applied just a hint of color using Copic marker W3.

Thanks so much for stopping by ~ and thanks so much for all your kind comments ... you guys make my day!!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, DCWV; Stamp: Unknown Maker; Ink: Versamark; Embossing Powder: Comotion; Copic Marker W3; Fiber: 7gypsies; Twig: Mother Nature; Velvet Alpha Stickers: Making Memories (I thin' ...); Adhesive: ATG 714; Dimensionals: All Night Media; Craft Glue: The Ultimate by Api

13 comments:

Annapurna said...

How cool is that fishing rod. Love the idea. Your sea birds look fantastic.

Allison said...

You are a rocking chick...I am going to forward this to Paula...I know she will love the dimension you added to your project. And your sea gulls are perfect...that graphic at the end of your post rocks the planet!

18 and counting Deb! Wow!

jacki jones said...

they look exactly like sea gulls! great card!

Deb said...

Fabulous man card and a nice little hint if you want to get rid of him for a while! LOL, you kill me too!

nappy2CU said...

Somebody snap this chicklet up quick - her stuff is just OVER THE TOP! Thanks for sharing, Deb!

julie king said...

you've proven that even a manly card can be quite adorable! it's wonderful!

Erica B. said...

I love the phrase you chose & Cool fishing rod! I agree manly cards are challenging!

Joan said...

This is an awesome "manly" card. Joan

malieta said...

Your creativity is awesome..I love the fishing pole and your card rocks!!!
malieta:)

Linsey said...

OH my word, DEb! this card is AWESome, woman!!! Totally inspiring and so very cool! You have such a clever mind, ahh, I love it! great work, tfs!

Sheila D said...

How cleaver is this? What a great card.

Julia Aston said...

Super masculine card! love your twig fishing pole and large letters sentiment!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog today looking for resist techniques. I saw this card while scrolling through and fell in love with it. WOW! I love the whole thing. This definitely something I can tackle - ha, ha, get the pun? Oh my . . . Anyway, my neighbor is huge into fishing, so this will be a great birthday card for him. Thanks for the inspiration. Elizabeth S in mid-Michigan (barry at sova dot net)