Friday, May 2, 2008

Late Again ... A "Playing With Backgrounds" Challenge Entry

Pin It


Today's card was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week's theme is "Background Stamps," and like everyone else who hoards DP, my backgrounders are feelin' very unloved.

And yes, I totally realize it's almost time for a new Suggestive Sunday challenge, but I've had a bad week what with the no Internet connection and all. But I absolutely HAD to enter 'cuz I haven't missed one of Allison's challenges ... yet. It's a thing, ya KWIM?

I chose this particular background stamp because I know how much Allison ADORES vintage! Really: Vintage anything!

Okay, the stamp: I've had it for-evuh and I think it's from "Ink and the Dog" but as it's unmounted, I can't be sure. And Ink & the Dog has l-o-n-g since sold her business and closed her ebay store so I can't check. If my good friend Karen is reading this, "Karen: is this one of Nila's stamps?" 'Cuz she would know.

(RANT ALERT): Why can't they figger out a way to have identification on unmounted stamps?!? If we can pretend to put a man on the moon, or, no that's wrong. It should be: if we can put a man on the moon ... why can't we put all of 'em, lol!?! And then put ID's on unmounted stamps.

Anyway, I loaded my stamps with embossing ink and dark brown fluid chalk ink, stamped and then embossed with clear embossing powder on Bazzill Kraft card stock. Pictured below is the card before I added the vintage photo and metal corners:

I almost like it better this ^ way!

I used an original, vintage (circa 1910'ish) photograph for my focal point, added some ribbon, some metal photo corners and, Ta DaH!

Phew! I think I'm all caught up on this week's challenges and whatnot, so now I'm clear to be late for all of next week's challenges!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... have a great weekend!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill and Cut Card Stock; Stamps: Trajan Monogram Collection from Papertrey Ink, Vintage Backgrounder from Ink & The Dog (I thin'); Ink: Versamark Embossing Ink, ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink; Clear Embossing Powder; Vintage Photograph, Personal Collection: Ribbon, American Crafts; Metal Photo Corners, Daisy D's; Die-Cut Machine, Provo Craft; Dies, Spellbinder's; Adhesive, ATG 714; Dimensionals, All Night Media

10 comments:

Allison said...

I like vintage...so that must be why I like you...ha! This is a super neat background stamp...Paula would love it! That old broad looks like someone who would smack your knuckles with a ruler if you stepped out of line...scary!

Super card...thanks for making my challenges your "thing"...

Flossie's Follies said...

these cards are fantastic.

Annapurna said...

You are hilarious. "Almost like it without the broad". LOL! I was wondering if that was a man or a woman before I read your post.

Some stamp companies already print the image on the back of the foam mount, but not sure about unmounted.

Chris said...

i really LOVE this card!! it looks amazing..love the vintage!!!

Erica B. said...

I do like it a little better w/o the "old broad". Love the Layout!

Erica B. said...

I don't know, maybe I do like the old lady on the front. hmmm... but the red definitely adds the right touch.

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Deb! This is beautiful! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog and entered to win the blog candy, otherwise I may not have found your wonderful blog! Good luck in the draw!

malieta said...

I love both versions of your card Deb, but I'm in love with the second card! It makes a statement all by it self.
malieta:)

Smriti said...

Oh this is a lovely background!

Princess TinyButt said...

both versions are great! ahh, finally, a great mom's day card sample i may 'borrow', lol!!