Monday, May 19, 2008

Lots and Lots O'Lilies

Pin It


Happy Monday everyone ... {ducking}. Well, at least it's over, right?!?

Today's card project(s) were created just for the heck of it ... and for my birthday card stash. I've got lots of birthday's in the offing, all female revelers ... all of whom love flowers. And in one case, one who's very favorite flower is the Tiger Lily! Score!!

Using some card stock, a stylus or two, a few punches, and lots of "The Ultimate" glue, these lilies were a snap to make. And they're really a lot of fun to create, too! I added shading and sparkle using some of my lonesome and unloved Twinkling H2O's, and added some spots and dots with a Zig marker.

I stamped my sentiment, from Papertrey Ink's Limited Edition Anniversary collection, on Xerox 110# card stock, then cut and matted using my Nesties in the 'Bug. Gosh, you almost need a handbook to understand "stamper-speak," huh?!?

Anyway, being the compulsive and anal card maker that I am, I couldn't rest with just one color combination:


And you're only seeing three different colors of lily because I couldn't get the fourth ... or fifth ... card in the same photo. I'm scary, huh?!?

The other four cards have been left plain, (if you can call 35 pounds of paper Tiger Lilies "plain") ... I'll add sentiments to them as needed. Havin' a card stash is a beautiful thang, isn't it? And a feeling that only a card maker can understand. That, and the problem we have actually gettin' 'em into the mail ... but that's a whole 'nother thing for another day.

As always, you can click on the images for a ginormous photograph ... and, if you can stand it, here's an even closer look at just the flowers:


Soooooo, that's what I did this rainy (in So Florida), Monday!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your lousy busy Monday with me! And don't forget to enter for a chance to win four uber-kewl Diva Impressions unmounted, red rubber stamps! Simply leave a comment in the blog post, below. I'll be drawing a winner sometime tomorrow evening.

And, can I just say: you guys rock! Ummm, that goes double for you, Julie!!

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Bazzill, DCWV, Xerox 110#; Sentiment Stamp: Papertrey Ink; Ink: Adirondack Dye; Twinkling H2o's by LuminArte; Tools: Various punches (if you want a detailed list, just axe me!), Various Stylus' (ditto), Cuttlebug by Provo Craft, Nestabilities Dies by Spellbinder's, Zig Water Brush, EK Success; Adhesive: The Ultimate by Api

21 comments:

Annapurna said...

Look at you, the card making machine. Stunning cards.

Julie Koerber said...

OHGosh do you know how to make a gal laugh or what!!!! I was reading along in amazement at your stunning lilly creations. Seriously - stunned. Jaw dropping stunned. That takes patience girl. Ok, I digress. Reading, reading, reading. Get to the last line. Fall off my chair laughing. Oh... how do you say it... YOU ROCK! Funny woman!

Allison said...

These are amazing Deb. WJ#1 would love this!

jacki jones said...

I love the lillies! Maybe making flowers is what I need to try. YOURS are awesome!

Deb said...

Wow those lilies are gorgeous, just fabulous!! Love them!

yvonnew said...

How many lillies???? Amazing!! I love them

malieta said...

Beautiful..Beautiful..Beautiful!!
I love your cards Deb, they are awesome and those Tiger Lilies rock!
malieta:)

mosaic1 said...

I'm not much of a blog commenter, but these lilies have stopped me dead in my tracks. They are gorgeous! I've never seen anything like them on a card before...and if I'm gonna try to copy them I need more details!! What punches did you use? Wow. Awesome!

Sheila D said...

Absolutely stunning. Oh, the lucky person who gets one of these cards.

Rochelle W said...

WOW!! Are those gorgeous or what!!!

Penny said...

Oh my goodness, my jaw is on the floor!! I LOVE them! You are so clever - off to look for the how-to (if there is one, is there?)

Bunny B said...

Lovely! Just lovely, as always :)

Janine said...

These are just beautiful!!

Aimee said...

these are AWESOME!!! have a great day!

Erica B. said...

I actually went the whole day thinking it was Tuesday. I know???

So I also have to know what punches you used. This is one of those projects I can't totally dissect by just looking at it. Have to say it rocks!

Joan said...

These are so pretty....I love tiger lilies!!! Very bright and beautiful. Joan

Smriti said...

These are simply fabulous!!!! Really really amazing! Lucky are those who'll get them :)

Chris said...

i love this one, i have tons of those lillies coming up right now!!! another great card!! >"<

julie king said...

these lilies are just too fantastic for words! i am so impressed with what you create!!

Julia Aston said...

what terrific lilys!! just love how you've made these- and your coloring of the petals is exquisite thanks for sharing the method in your next posting! Lauren Meader does a lot of these punch flowers too -

cards4u said...

These are beautiful! I would love to find out more detail about this card! TFS