Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Blog Candy Winner ... and The Yogurt Video!

Pin It

If you read Carol Burrage's blog, you've prolly already seen this video. But if you haven't, or want to watch it again 'cuz it's hysterical, well, here you go:



Okay, now that I've gotten that outta my system, (LOL - that statement is way funnier after you see the video), it's time to announce the winner of the Diva Impressions rubber stamp give-away. I went to Random.org and plugged in the number of comments (not including deleted comments), and got this:

Random Integer Generator
Here are your random numbers: 9
Timestamp: 2008-05-20 22:58:18 UTC

Comment #9 reads, "Favorite technique, huh? I'd have to say distressing. Right now everything I do needs to be distressed in one way or the other. Love the look and the process. Thanks for offering these great stamps as blog candy. You rock!," and was posted by Sheila D. Congrats to Sheila and please send me your snail mail addy so I can get your new stamps off to you! Oh! And you rock too ... almost as much as J.K.!

Thanks to all of you for visiting, comment, and posting. I have lots more of these stamps to give away ... so check back for another chance to win some time this weekend.

Finally, I quickly wanted to respond to a couple of questions I received about THIS project.

First off, the secret to creating these particular flowers is the punch:

This is called the "Mega Lily Theme Punch" ... I purchased mine some time ago and don't remember exactly where but I believe I found it online. A quick Google search indicates it's still available ...and can be purchased for around $17.00. This punch contains all the lily petals and the leaf.

I shaped my punched petals with a molding tool but a small spoon will work too. I use tweezers to curl the tips and the edges of the flowers and the leaves and a stylus to create veins. The whole shebang is created on a punched snowflake base; if you don't have a snowflake punch you can do what I do, which is I cut a snowflake die in my Cuttlebug and glue all the flowers and leaves in place on the 'fingers' of the snowflakes. And speaking of glue, you want the fastest drying, strongest hold, clear-drying glue you can find. For me, that's "The Ultimate" glue by Api.

And I think that about covers it ... if I can clarify anything for you (and that would prolly be every thing since I'm sure my explanation is as clear as mud), I'm happy to try.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


6 comments:

Annapurna said...

TFS your yogurt ;-) LOL!

Aimee said...

Thanks for the laughs this morning! That video is great!

Julie Koerber said...

How freaking hysterical! Who knew women could rule the world with yogurt??? It makes us dance, have fun with our girlfriends, and who could forget ---unload our insides??? LOL! Too funny!! YKYR! :-)

malieta said...

Congrats to the winner!
I'm on my way to watch the video right now! TFS
malieta:)

Sheila D said...

OMG I won! I'm doing the happy dance. Thank you so much for making my day. I'm off to email you my deets.

Erica B. said...

Ok the part about putting it all on a snowflake base makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the extra details.