Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bird's of a Feather Flock Together ...

Pin It



I wonder who's responsible for that cliche? Well, yes, I 'spose I could Google it, but that was really more of a rhetorical question. And these birds actually do look like they'd hang together ... they'd have no choice: the other birds would either kill 'em or laff 'em outta town!

Anyway, today's card project was created for no good reason using a really neat stamp from Magenta. I stamped my image on Xerox 110# card stock then colored it using Copic markers ... wish I could see some improvement in my Copic coloring skillz but so far, nada. I added some detail to the bird's feathers with an extra-fine point white Sharpie paint pen.

I stamped my image a second time, colored three of the images, and used them to create cute little metal-edged tags using ... guess what: a Tag Maker!

I stamped my sentiment, tied a w-a-y bright orange grosgrain ribbon around the card, made a cute little bunny-ears bow, and was done! Easy-peasy and ready to serve in ... a half hour.

Don't forget to enter for a chance to win four kewl Diva Impressions stamps ... simply comment on the post below. And your chances are pretty dang good considering there's only about 20 comments!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Card Stock Base: CutCard Stock; Other Card Stock: Xerox 110#, DCWV; Stamps: Bird Stamp by Magenta, Sentiment by Papertrey Ink; Dye Ink: Adirondack "Pitch Black" by Ranger; Color Medium: Copic Markers, Sharpie Paint Pen; Small Square Tags: Making Memories; Grosgrain Ribbon: Unknown, (Obtained in a Ribbon Share); Tag Corner Punch: Stampin' Up!; Tag Maker by Making Memories; Dimensionals: All Night Media; Adhesive: ATG 714

9 comments:

Deb said...

This is awesome, so bright and fun!! I totally love it!! I had trouble with the copics too and I'm still not fabulous with them, but I found using a smoother paper like SU and Archival Brillance Black Ink (heat set) works awesome!! Hope this helps!!

Linsey said...

well, I don't know if they've improved, but I would say your coloring skills are nothing short of superb!!! This card is so cheerful and actually, quite exotic! whoo whoo, lol! If I were a bird, I would most definitely want to fly with this flock! Wonderful work, Deb, tfs! and now, off to enter that blog candy giveaway--I mean, who in their right mind, would pass up a chance at free stamps?! Crazy! psst-I'm having a blog candy giveaway too! :)

Allison said...

Wow Deb! This is so striking...look at that color palette! I would not have had the patience to color nine images!

Smriti said...

Lovely colors, never thought orange and blue could go well together until I saw this. A striking card!

Sam Morris said...

You are just TOO funny!

Your card kinda knocks your socks of ... in a good way that is! So vibrant and colourful and I love how you've created the tags and made them stand up!

Julie Koerber said...

Love the card girlie! I really like how you added a pop of color behind your birdie squares with that oval. Cool idea! (ok.... not going to say it even though you know I want to.... gotta keep it fresh you know!!) :-)

Annapurna said...

Not sure why, but this card made me smile. I think that is a good thing, isn't it. Love the bright colored birds and your bow. Perfect!

Julia Aston said...

Love your funny flock of colorful birds! the coloring looks great to me!

Anne said...

Woah!! Fabulous!! I love those stamps - this card really shouts out "Look At Me!!" - What a bunch of proud birds and what fabulous colours!