Happy Stump Day, Hampers ... and welcome to the "CAS-tastic Wednesday" challenge!
This week, the fantastic CAS-tastic team is creating clean and simple birthday cards. Here's a look at my birthday card:
I was goin' for the look of a chocolate and strawberry butter-cream confection ... yummy!
To play along ... and we hope you do! ... simply create a Clean and Simple birthday card, upload it to your blog or online gallery, then link your post to the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, HERE, by 10:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, May 11, 2010. One random winner will be chosen and will receive their choice of five fabulous digital images from this week's fantastic CAS-tastic sponsor, "Wild Flower Patch."
Be sure to submit your link to the "Simply Linked" widget ... and if you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, please be sure to use Keyword: "CWC002" so we can find your yummy birthday card.
Be sure to check out the a-mazing b-irthday c-ards posted by the fantastic CAS-tastic designers:
Agata: Under Construction;
Angie: Angie Cortes Designs;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Bonnie Rose: A Life Unrehearsed;
Karen: The Bald Dragonfly;
Maylee: Maylee's Creative Corner; and,
Regina: Scrap Creations by Regina.
Sooooooo, yesterday I was in my studio creating a couple of bookmarks when Sheila and Reid-the-Wild-Child stopped by.
Reid picked up a completed bookmark, turned it over in his hands and asked, "What do you do with this, Aunty?"
"You put it in the book you're reading to save your place." I explained.
"Awww, that's neat!" Reid exclaimed. "Hey! You invented this?!?! You must be famous ... are you famous?"
Sheila nearly choked when I cracked-wise, "Well, yes, but I'm tryin' to keep that on the down-low, Reid. I'd really appreciate it if you'd not mention this to anyone, okay?"
"Sure, Aunty." Reid said, awestruck.
LOL, I'm totally The Wild Child's idol now ... and Sheila's hoppin' mad 'cuz she didn't think of it first!
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... can't wait to see your clean and simple birthday card!
- City Crafter Challenge: Terrific Tag
- Corrosive Challenge: Let's Celebrate Birthdays!
- Crafty Pad: Let's See Some Ribbons
- Cute Card Thursday: Make Your Own (Metal-Edge Tag)
- Fussy and Fancy: Birthday With a Sweet Treat (Cupcake)
- Incy Wincy: Anything Goes
- Rosie Dee's: So Yummy! (Cupcakes)
- Simon Says Stamp: Birthdays
- Simple Doodles: Not a Spring Chick (MM Tag Maker Tool)
- The Creative Cottage: Food and/or Drink
- Card Stock: "Dark Chocolate" and White by PTI; "Pink Pirouette" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Sentiment by PTI; Cupcake by Hot Fudge Studio for studio g
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: "Pink Pirouette" Ribbon by Stampin' Up; Mini Tag by Making Memories
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Square Die; Making Memories Tag Maker; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top Folded)