Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet Memories

Pin It


Happy Thursday, crafty stampers!

Today's card project was created using stamps from Elle's Studio's "Sweet Summer" collection. I won 'em ... and lots of other fun "Sweet Summer" goodies ... on Jennifer McGuire's blog, Jennifer McGuire, Ink.

There's something about clean polymer acrylic that makes me wanna get all dirty with 'em:

KWIM? I'm lovin' these cool flower stamps ... and that fontalicious sentiment! For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the sweet product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooo, Sheila's certifiably insane wacky sister, Jill, took a part-time job at Macy's. Apparently she knows something about dressing men, because she was assigned to the Men's Department. And we thought she only knew about undressing men ... go figger.

Anyway, last night, Sheila and I decided to stop by and harass see her.

When we arrived in the Men's Department, we found Jill helping ... and I use the term loosely ... a customer:

"I'm wanting a tie that would make my boyfriend's blue eyes really stand out," the woman explained.

"Well, I really shouldn't tell you this," Jill responded, "but any tie will make blue eyes stand out if you tie it tight enough."

Thanks so much for swingin' by ... hope you have a fabulous day!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Soft Suede" and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Sweet Summer" Stamp Set by Elle's Studio
  • Ink: "Bermuda Bay" and "Soft Suede" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers
  • Accessories: White Pearls
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rick-Rack Die (Leftovers); SAMJ by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

20 comments:

Crystal said...

WOW Deb that image is SWEET!!! You are totally amazing at CAS this is no exception gf!! Have a wonderful day!!

Karen B. said...

Oh my goodness, I absolutely love this card. The colors the images the layout the sentiment the font the bling can I go on? Love it!

Tina said...

This is positively delightful. The image is adorable, love it.

Joan said...

I love this stamp - very cool and the gentle scallop edge! Wonderful card, Deb. I hope that Jill lasts the week in her new job - too funny.

Joan said...

I love this stamp - very cool and the gentle scallop edge! Wonderful card, Deb. I hope that Jill lasts the week in her new job - too funny.

carol said...

lovely card, thanks for sharing it with us at SMC x carol

cabio's craft corner said...

Simply stunning Deb. Love the CAS layout out and great contrast on these colors :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Corie said...

WOW this is fabulous -- LOVE IT!!

Erin... said...

so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!

Chris said...

OMG too funny!!

love this card, the simplicity of this is fabulous!

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely...and thanks for the laugh!

knitwit said...

I'm loving those flower stamps too. Very cool, and the colour combination is perfect!
I've just finished catching up on 2WEEKS worth of posts. I'm never allowed to get this behind again!! Course, now the old ball and chain is coming home, so I'm going to have to get creative about why I'm spending so much time online!

Angela McKay, Stampin' Up Demonstrator, #1 Rising Star Canada 2008/2009 said...

This is awesome Deb! Great job! I love those stamps too! Your work is so stunning:)

BonnieRose said...

ohhhhhhh love this!

Davi said...

Im lovin this one. The color combo and those cool flowers are fab!

Mary said...

Perfect CAS card! Thanks for playing along with Corrosive Challenges!

precious said...

Hello! I love your card! It is so pretty! The colors you used are all so cool to the eyes.
cribs

Jacki Randolph said...

Love the clean look of your card. Great colors. Thanks for playing with us at Inktegrity Inspiration challenge.

Pam said...

Wow - just love it! Fresh and clean and beautifully simple :)

Jenny Gropp said...

Love these flowers FUN and fresh!