TGIF, Stampers! And, since it's another fabulous Friday, it's time for another fabulous "Stamp Simply" challenge!
Since this is Mother's Day weekend, let's do a card or project for Mother's Day. We realize that many of you have your Mother's Day projects completed, so in that case make your card or project suitable for a woman for any occasion you desire. Just make sure it's female oriented. That's it; we can't wait to see what you create!
I decided to create a one-layer Mother's Day card:
Please join us and create a fabulous project for your Mom(s) ... or another special female in your life. When you've completed your Mother's Day creation, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.
When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet , please use keyword: "ssnotime138" so that we can find your project.
I created my bow out of vintage seam binding tape that I spritzed with my homemade "Glitzy Mist," DTP'ed a scrap of Kraft card stock with "Tattered Rose" Distress ink for my butterfly, and colored my image using Distress inks and an Aqua Brush. Here's a close-up of the front of my card:
As always, for the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photos ... and for all of the exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Now, prepare to be 'wowed' when you see the gorgeous projects created by the rest of the talented "Stamp Simply" team:
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;
Jennifer Buck: The Buck Stamps Here; (Jen is off this week)
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;
Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty;
AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;
Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;
Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and our fabulous Guest Designer for May,
Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.
Finally, this week we're thrilled to welcome the talented Sherry Cheever, of Walkin' on the Bad Side, as Special Guest Designer. Clicky HERE to visit Sherry's blog and see her gorgeous card.
Soooooooooo, since Sheila's
insane fun sister, Jill, purchased a home with The Sandwich Man, (see HERE and HERE), she's been wanting Sheila and I to take her out to the plant and tree nursery where we purchase our landscape plants and palm trees.
The nursery is w-a-y out west ... and to get there, you have to travel over miles of narrow dirt roads. Most of the roads out here are dirt so we're used to that, but we weren't expecting to get stuck in a traffic jam out in the desolate South Florida wilderness.
As we inched closer, we discovered that the hold-up was caused by a Department of Transportation work crew putting the finishing touches on a new road sign that read, "Deer Crossing."
Once past the work crew, we noticed a beautiful doe and her tiny fawn crossing the road. That's when
psychotic wacky Jill said, "Oh, the poor things, I wonder how long they've been waiting to cross?"
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope you have a fantastical weekend!
- CCEE Stampers: Mother's Day
- Crafty Ho's: Mother's Day and Flowers
- Delightful Sketches: Pull Out Your Punches (Butterfly)
- Divine Diva Challenge: Inspiration
- For Fun Challenge: A Card for a Mom
- Gingersnap Creations Color Challenge: Kraft
- If the Shoe Fits: For Mom
- Oh La La Challenge: Minimalist
- Pixie Dust Studio: Kraft
- Raise the Bar: Mother's Day
- Sentimental Sundays: For That Special Someone
- Stamptacular Sunday: A Celebration for Moms
- Stampin' B's: Botanical Card
- Totally Stampalicious: Flower Power
- Card Stock: "Kraft" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Flowered Branch from "Elements of Style" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up; Sentiment from "Well Scripted" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Mustard Seed," "Peeled Paint," "Shabby Shutters," "Tattered Rose," and "Walnut Ink" Distress Inks by Ranger Industries
- Accessories: Vintage Seam Binding Tape; Flat-Back Pearl; Pearl-Ex "Perfect Pearl" Powder
- Tools: Butterfly Punch by MS; Aqua Painter by Stampin' Up; Copic Marker (To Color Flat-Back Pearl); Corner Chomper by WRMK's; Mini-Mister
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)