Monday, May 10, 2010

Life Happens. Stamps Help.

Pin It


Happy Monday, Crafty Mothers ... hope your holiday weekend was fabulous!

Today's one-layer card was created using the Vintage Vogue stamp set and a design based on a card project created by ... someone. I was sure I had bookmarked it, but I can't find it. If anyone recognizes this project, please let me know so I can post credit. *ETA: Vicki very kindly supplied the credit info. The card was designed by Sarah Gough, and can be seen HERE. Thanks, Vicki and Sarah!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the exciting product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, this weekend the DH and I were hangin' out at Sheila's when her psychotic fun sister, Jill, and her crazy sweet boyfriend, Jack, stopped by.

"Look what Jack got for me!" Jill exclaimed.

"A cell-phone; whoopie! Welcome to the 80's!" Sheila sniped.

"Yeah, it's the coolest thing! Just yesterday, I was at Wal-Mart and Jack called me and he was all like, 'so, how's the phone working' and stuff. And I was all like, 'it's great .. it's so small and I hear you clear as a bell, oh, and I just love the song Jack put on it, too.'"

"Oh, yeah, cell phones are a modern miracle." Sheila said.

"They sure are," Jill answered, "otherwise, how would Jack know to call me at Wal-Mart?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: "Vintage Vogue" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Rich Razzleberry" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: Navy Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Stamp-a-Ma-Jig; Scissors; Corner Rounder
  • Finished Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" (Side-Folded)

28 comments:

Crystal said...

Deb wow girl, LOVE love how your card turned out with the flowers..What a fabby looking creation gf!!!! EEEEEK I am lovin this design!!!! Hope you had a fabulous weekend sweetie!

Karen B. said...

Wowzers, this card is a beauty, I like the silhouette cutting at the top balanced by that fine, fine sentiment on bottom!

Susan said...

Absolutely beautiful, Deb! I love the fussy-cut top edge and the colors are perfect! Thanks for joining my challenge this week, too!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Your card is lovely with the perfect sentiment too!
Thanks for playing along with Wednesday Stamper.

Sandy said...

Gosh this is really beautiful.
Amazing card. Love it.

Tina said...

Good gravy, this is gorgeous Deb. Love it!

Katie said...

Great card, I love the flower edge!
Thanks for playing at Delightful Sketches and Challenges :)

Joan said...

This is fantastic - love the floral edge!!!!!!

aussiescrapper said...

Loved my morning funny and wow that card is just gorgeous, wow your stamping is so divine, and this is such a different card, going to show Jan when she comes down today.

Velta said...

Girl You Crack me up!!! I love your visits with your nutty friend...as for the card...Again, you have made just stunning art!!

my5bratz said...

gorgeous stamps on this fab card, thanks for joining us at FnF :0)

Cindy said...

Very nice!! Glad to see you at Delightful Sketches and Challenges!

Theresa Momber said...

Oooh, love the cut design on top! Gorgeous card, Deb!

redwasher1 said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Love how you did this!!! Love the sentiment too!

Sharli said...

Hi Deb! I love the edge of this card - WAY KEWL! I'm saving this idea!!

Hey - congratulations on winning at Jennifer McGuire's give-away! The Elle's Studio goodies look AWESOME!!

:-)
Hugs!

purplestamper316 said...

OOOH! This rocks! I always forget to do this, and I just love how it looks :) Really neatospedito ><>

Hermine said...

Absolutely gorgeous

andrea said...

gorgeous card fab idea and love visiting your blog as well as seeing gorgeous cards i have a good laugh at your stories thankyou for joining us at fab'n'funky this week
andrea

~Christina~ said...

This is truly amazing. So pretty :) :) :)

If you would be interested in giving a new challenge blog a try, I would love to see how it inspires you :) It's multi-craft friendly, so scrappers, digi scrappers and card makers alike are welcome to play along. You can check it out at: Scrap It With a Song

Chris said...

gorgeous one layer card, love the color, love this stamp!

Maria Matter said...

oooo, me likey! this is a fabulous single layer card Deb, WOWZA!!!

I feel an inspiration coming on too!!
HUGS!!

Vicki said...

Deb, great job on this card, it is beautiful! I also saw this idea on another blog and saved the email. It was Sarah Gough who first posted this I think. Here is a link to her post. http://thinkingstamps.blogspot.com/2010/04/occ-blossoms.html

LiveArt said...

That's a lovely design and a beautiful card!! love the colour and the flowers!!

Linda

Sarah Gough said...

Awwww, so glad you liked my design! Great job!

Rachel said...

such a lovely card! thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches and Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel

Lisa said...

Very pretty card...I love how you did the top edge...just beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches!

SmilynStef said...

Gorgeous one layer design.

Tricia said...

What a beautiful one layer card! Thanks for joining the Clearly Inspired Monthly Challenge!!