Thursday, May 6, 2010

You Look Marvelo{US}!

Pin It


Happy Thursday, Crafty Stampers!

Today's Clean and Simple card project was created using a fun new stamp set from Stampin' Up and SU's "Beautiful Wings" Embosslits die. Love how this die cuts and embosses so beautifully!

I also used a bit of the new "Cherry Cobbler" card stock from Stampin' Up's upcoming "In Color" collection:

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes! For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the marvelo{us} product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Soooooooo, last night I was hangin' out at Sheila's when her crazy cheap sister, Jill, and her loser lovely boyfriend, Jack, stopped by.

Reid-the-Wild-Child, currently on a mission to raise money for his Cub Scout Pack, cornered them as soon as they sat down.

"Aunty Jill, will you please buy a candy bar from me?" Reid asked.

"Well, no. I can't. Sorry, Kidlette, but I'm on a diet and I can't have candy in the house."

Disappointed, but not giving up, he turned to Jack and politely asked him if he'd buy a candy bar.

"Well, sure, l'il rug-rat! How much?"

"Just one dollar."

As Jack took a dollar out of his pocket, he turned to Sheila and I and said, "Ya know, every time I look at a dollar bill, I wonder if its ever been in a stripper's butt crack."

OMG!!

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Cherry Cobbler," "Pink Pirouette," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamp: Sentiment from "In a Word" Stamp Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Riding Hood Red" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Accessories: "Pink Pirouette" Grosgrain Ribbon by Stampin' Up
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; "Beautiful Wings" Embosslits Die by Stampin' Up; Corner Chomper by WRMK; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 5" x 5" (Top-Folded)

25 comments:

aussiescrapper said...

Wow now with a comment like that, makes me wash my hands after handling my money now, true though, you do not know who has had it in their hands.

Love the gorgeous card, the flow of butterflies is divine.

BonnieRose said...

fabulous card gf.. love it.. so simple.. love it!

Sharli said...

Another reason to use my debit card!

Deb, this card is pretty! I love that new red - what a rich color!!!

Hugs!

Lauretta See said...

Hi Deb, Wow your card is Awesome.. i live it.. Thank you for joining in the CRAFT YOUR PASSION challenge this week. Hope to see you often. And thank you for the sweet comment :)) Good luck!!

Hugs x

Glenda said...

Wow Deb - I absolutely love this! Your butterflies are perfect! I have such a hard time with pink and red together but you did an amazing job! Thanks for playing along.

Nady said...

wow! Your card is gorgeous, I love all the butterflies.
thank you for joining CYP this week
hugs
Nadyne xx

Claudine Poch said...

Very pretty. I'm excited about the new SU colors that will be coming out. Thanks for the sneak peak. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

Kim Piggott said...

Oh wow I love your fabulous card!
Those butterflies are so pretty and I love those colours!
hugs
kim x

Crystal said...

Deb this is AWESOME!!!! I LOVE LOVE those butterflies what a GREAT design sweetie!!! You are the CAS queen....... I have got to case this one for sure...BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kristie said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!! What a great use of butterflies and how cool that they are embossed! I really like that new Cherry Cobbler too!

Thanks for playing along with Flutter By Wednesday!

Faye said...

Clean, fresh and pretty, I love it. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous card at Sweet Stampin. x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Deb!! I just love all the colors and butterflies!! You are the queen of CAS girl!
hugs,
Chris

Danni said...

Gorgeous card!! I love that die..and this new color is pretty! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Allison said...

Lovely CAS card chickadee...fun with the butterflies!

redwasher1 said...

Deb, your card is fabulous!! Love the butterflies!! You had me rolling the floor laughing!! Love stories!!

Tineke said...

What a chic card, love the colors you used. Thank you for joining us at CYP this week.

Chris said...

too funny! i'll never look at a $1 the same again!

super-cute card! i do like that new red color!

Sankari W. said...

What a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Cinema Saturday challenge!
hugs,
Sankari :)

Maria Matter said...

oh this is truly STUNNING! I LOVE your textured flutterbys! Marvelous is the perfect sentiment Deb!!!
Hugs & Blessings!

Tina said...

This is so pretty Deb, that new color looks luscious!

Nancy K said...

Great layout, love the clean and simple look!

Jodi said...

Great layout for a CAS card!! Love the colors.
Thanks for joining us at Flutterby Wednesday!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Karyn said...

OMG! What a lovely comment to make in front of a child! What a charming man he must be!!! Anyway, those butterflies are stunning! Such an elegant card. Thanks for playing along at Craft Your Passion. x

Tana said...

This is so cute! I love the simplicity of the card! Really love how you embossed the butterflies, so pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CYP!

Pam said...

A "marvelous" card for sure!