Friday, May 21, 2010

Simply Gone Askew ...

Pin It


TGIF hoarding card-makers! And, since it's finally another Friday, it's time for another "Stamp Simply" challenge!

This week, our challenge is "Gone Askew." Simply place your focal image(s) 'askew' on your card. No trying to center it or mat it perfectly; this week, it's all about off-center, misaligned, or outta whack. What could be easier!?!

Here's my "gone askew" card:

Why not join in this week? Creating a "gone askew" card is fast ... and fun! When you've completed your "askew" card, upload it to your blog or online photo gallery, then visit Sharon's blog, located HERE, to link up your project in Mr. Linky, located HERE.

When uploading to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please use keyword: "ssnotime140" so that we can find your project.

Don't miss the fabulous, off-center projects created by the rest of the "Stamp Simply" team:

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits;

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat;

Sharon Johnson, Our Fearless Leader: No Time to Stamp?;

Janine Orchard: 2BKrafty;

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden;

Deb Saaranen: Dream in Color;

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover.; and our talented guest designer for May,

Teresa Kline: Enjoy the VA Sunshine.

Soooooooooo, yesterday Sheila and her deranged nutty sister, Jill, stopped by to say 'hey.'

While we were yakkin' it up, Sheila asked Jill if she was planning on attending our Church's Folk Mass this coming Sunday.

"Naw, I haven't gone to Mass in such a long time," she said. "Besides, it's too late for me. I've probably already broken all seven commandments."

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me ... hope you have a fantabulous weekend!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Very Vanilla" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Other Paper: Corrugated Cardboard; Vintage Photo
  • Stamps: "Definition" Background Stamp by Stampin' Up; Library Card Stamp by Maya Road
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Pumice" and "Old Paper" Distress Inks by Ranger; "Chestnut Roan" Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Crocheted Lace Ribbon; Metal Library Clip from Hodgepodge Hardware Kit by Stampin' Up; Metal Key Brad; Metal Photo Corners
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rick-Rack Die; Large Heart Punch by Stampin' Up; Tombow Mono Multi Glue from Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

38 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a fun card, Deb, so nice and refreshing to see things on a card at an angle. ===And actually make them work like you did here!

Sandy said...

Wonderful card Deb.
Gorgeous work.

Teresa Kline aka va.sunshine said...

wow, this is gorgeous Deb..have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Susie Sugar said...

This is so Arty I love your style thanks for joining us at the DCD challenge this week for our "Lace it up" challenge
Hugs Susie & Vikki
xx

Crystal said...

Deb this is super cool...love that added key and tag in the back..AWESOME vintage design girl!

Mary Duffek said...

Such a fun card! Love the vintage look and feel. Thanks for playing a long. =)

Shelly's Images said...

Just beautiful Deb!

Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images for our TTThursday Challenge.

aussiescrapper said...

I love the gorgeous papers with the writing on, but then in reading realised you stamped it, wow, you are super clever, this idea is fantastic and I haven't heard that word askew for a while, brings back memories for me, mum used to say it often. Thanks for the advice on my blog, I have certainly learned a lesson with info on the internet. Love to you, Melxx

Heather "Hev" said...

Love this Deb :) Very cool indeed :)


Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs Challenge

Good luck :)

Please come and visit my personal blog Vanilla Hevn

Bev said...

Deb... gorgeous card.. love the colouring and detailing... thanks for playing along with me at Shelly's Images and hope you'll join us again soon.

Joan said...

Great card, Deb. I love the photo corners and that key.....all the elements are great - and I do love askew!!!!

Sharli said...

LOVE your card Deb. I may try this challenge (if there is time tonight).

Seven? Really?

Also - thank you SO much for your sweet comments on my blog - I got all warm and fuzzy knowing that you care. Hugs!

Cheryl said...

oh this is one great card hun love the colurs you have used,wonderful detail too many thanks for playing along with my challenge this week at creative inspirations hugs cheryl xxxxx

Janine said...

Lovely Deb!! Hope you have a great weekend. Its a holiday weekend up here in Canada so we will be enjoying the sunshine and the gardens.. Once I get them planted!!

Karen said...

Really lovely, thanks for joining us at DCD.
xx

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

AWESOME card Deb! Thanks so much for playing at SHELLY'S IMAGES TTT:)

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fabulous design Deb! Love the vintage feel and photo here...(which reminds me, I have some old photos from an antique store that I should dig out!)
GREAT inspiration!

Mags said...

I love the vintage look. Works great with the askew theme. Might have to give this a try!

The Rubber Maid said...

Is the picture of someone you know?
Love the old fashion look you got here . Pat

Helen said...

Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Maria Matter said...

omgosh Deb, all my cards would qualify for this challenge! I think I have crooked eyes...askew eyes! lol

love this vintage-y card Deb, very creative!!!
Enjoy your weekend!
Blessings!

I can't find your email, I have a SU! question for you! Could you email me? (it's on my profile page) When you get a chance, no hurry! Thank you! :)

Jane Wetzel said...

this card is TOTALLY awesome! I love it! Nothing wrong with going to mass either! :)

Rad Runner said...

That looks awesome!

Barbara said...

Love this scrappy card, Deb! It's gorgeous!

aussiescrapper said...

I just forgot to answer your question from my blog, isn't it funny I never actually noticed when I was signing my name that I did it differently, I wonder if unconsciously I was stressed and I use this name when I feel like that, it's funny, for a long time I hated Mel, but now everyone calls me that and I don't mind at all, thankyou for pointing that out detective Deb. lol....ps. or did Sheila point it out....

Chris said...

yeah, i broke them all too, and b4 i was 21...think that's a record?

anyway...your card is fab as usual, cuz you freakin rock...the vintage-y vibe is super-tastic here...like i said, you rock!

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Deb, great card!! And you missed a great opportunity...... When I saw the name of the challenge, I thought for sure that you'd refer to Jill as Sheila's "slightly askew" sister!!

Ann English said...

Wow, Deb, this is awesome! LOVE it! Thank you for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

Allison said...

I cannot believe how versatile you are...envy you!

Marion E. said...

What a fabulous card.. and I think you made a great background just like that. the total card is beautiful.
Thanks for joining us at Shelly's Images TTT. Hope to see more of your lovely work next week.
xxx

Shelley said...

Wow this looks amazing, I love vintage cards. Thanks for joining in this weeks Incy Wincy Challenge.
Hugs Shelley xx

Min @ Kaymin Kreations said...

What a neat-o vintage card!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week over at Shelly's Images! Hope you join us again next week!! :)
Hugs & Happy Days!

redwasher1 said...

Well I just love this vintage looking card. You did such a beautiful job on it!!

Barb Schram said...

Vintage all the way! The heart with key is terrific, Deb! And once again thank you for your stories, they brighten my day!

Tina said...

What a fun card. I love all the elements and wish I was as good as you with all the vintage stuffs!

Anne said...

What a lovely card, thanks for joining us at S2G:)

Melissa said...

wow---beautiful card! love it!

Susan Coish said...

Hi Deb! You are the monthly sponsor winner at the Sisterhood of Scrap blog!
Can you please send me your mailing address? You can email it to me at scoish3(at)rogers.com

Thanks and congratulations!