Thursday, May 20, 2010

Plucky Plush Panda in a Pickle ...

Pin It


I ♥ me some alliteration ...

Happy Thursday, crafty stampers!

Today's card project was created for the current Digi Kitty Challenge. This challenge is a "progressive" challenge: as long as you keep playing, you'll continue to receive free digital stamps. A no-brainer, yes?

I created my challenge entry using one of the cute l'il panda images from their "Panda Skies" digital stamp set:

I wasn't goin' for this bonus effect, but doesn't this l'il guy look a little ... terrified? It's those wiggle eyes .. they add a lot of terror for so little money!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the heart-pounding product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.

Sooooooooo, I was hangin' out at Sheila's last night when she got a phone call:

"Omigosh, 7 pounds 5 1/2 ounces!?! I'm sooooo proud and happy for you!" Sheila said.

After she hung up I asked, "Who ... and boy or girl?"

"Barbara. Neither. Diet." Sheila said, short-handin' it.

Thanks so much for swingin' by today ... I'll be back tomorrow with this week's "Stamp Simply" challenge!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Recipe:
  • Card Stock: "Basic Black" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Patterned Paper: Digital File by Hot Flash Designs
  • Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
  • Ink: "Basic Black" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
  • Digital Image: "Panda Skies" Set by The Digi Kitty
  • Color Medium: Copic Markers; Sharpie Paint Pen
  • Accessories: Wiggle Eyes; Vintage Seam Binding; 1/8" Eyelet
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Tiny Tags Die; Tombow Mono Glue, Stampin' Dimensionals, and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
  • Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)

22 comments:

aussiescrapper said...

The panda is super cute Deb and he does have that look of sheer terror in his eyes. lol. Just love seeing your gorgeous cards and of course my Sheila joke.

BonnieRose said...

so so cute!

Crystal said...

OMG Deb he is CUTE!!! I LOVE those balloons and the cloud bg...how creative and fun!!! AWWW and look at those eyes...tooooo precious!! Another AWESOME creation sweetie!

Crystal said...

OMG Deb he is CUTE!!! I LOVE those balloons and the cloud bg...how creative and fun!!! AWWW and look at those eyes...tooooo precious!! Another AWESOME creation sweetie!

Karen B. said...

Wiggle eyes are so much fun. Love the colors and the design of your card, makes me smile.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is so cute and fabulous! I can't resist a panda!! ;)

jo said...

So pretty! Thank you so much for playing along with us at DDSB! :)

-Jo:)
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Tina said...

The wiggle eyes are hilarious! Love it lady!

Mary Duffek said...

hi deb! I hope you play a long in my sketch challenge. =) I love, love, love this card! Amazing....fun & cheerful. Blessings!

Mary Duffek said...

hi deb! I hope you play a long in my sketch challenge. =) I love, love, love this card! Amazing....fun & cheerful. Blessings!

Mags said...

I would have never thought to add google eyes! What a great touch. As always this card is fantastic!

redwasher1 said...

Super cute card and love those wiggle eyes!!

Chris said...

he does look a little scared...but he's super cute! the buggy eyes are a nice touch!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute!! I just love your sweet Panda!! Your googly eyes and your coloring and colors!! Great design!
hugs,
Chris

Tammy said...

Awww Deb this is absolutely adorable!! I LOVE that panda!! Fantastic colors...and the cloud bg is awesome!! Too Cute!

Rosemary said...

What a great post - I got a treat with the lovely card (and I am giggling at how you tied it into the Opus Gluei challenge - perfect!!) and then reading your post was very amusing - love the shorthand. Boy or girl? No, diet!! lol

Rosemary said...

That terrified look is very funny and I forgot to thank you for participating with us at Opus Gluei!

Jana said...

Awww, such a cutie pie. Love that look on his face. GREAT card. Your interpretation for Opus Gluei is great. Love your thinking. Thanks so much for playing with us.

de said...

This is so adorable!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

cgl1539 said...

Thanks for joining us at DigiKitty. you did a wonderful job with this little guy, really gave him a lot of personality, even if that is absolute fright, lol, well how would you feel if you were floating on balloons lol.

Liz, said...

Hi, thanks so much for joining in the fun at Crafty Calendar, Liz x

Maureen said...

So fun - love the eyes! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!