Happy Stump Day, Hampers ... and welcome to another fantastic CAS-tastic Wednesday!
This week, the fantastic CAS-tastic team is creating Clean And Simple one-layer cards. To play along ... and we hope that you do! ... simply create a clean and simple card using a single layer. If you're uncertain, the definition of a one-layer card is a single piece of card stock folded in half.
Upload your one-layer project to your blog or online gallery and link your post to the CAS-tastic Wednesday Challenge blog, HERE, by 9:30 p.m. EST on Tuesday, May 25, 2010. Please mention that you're playing in the CAS-tastic Wednesday challenge on your blog post. One random winner will be chosen and will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate from this week's fantastic CAS-tastic sponsor, "Busy Beauties Boutique."
Be sure to submit your link to the "Simply Linked" widget ... and if you upload your project to an online gallery, such as Splitcoast Stampers, SNR, or Paper Craft Planet, please be sure to use Keyword: "CWC004" so we can find your fabulous one-layer card.
Be sure to check out the a-mazing 1-layer cards posted by the fantastic CAS-tastic designers:
Agata: Under Construction;
Angie: Angie Cortes Designs;
Barbara: Paper Pursuits;
Bonnie Rose: A Life Unrehearsed;
Karen: The Bald Dragonfly;
Maylee: Maylee's Creative Corner; and,
Regina: Scrap Creations by Regina.
We can't wait to see your one-layer cards!
My CAS red, white, and blue card was created for my DS ... a proud Seabee ... who served in the U.S. Navy for six years. I'll send him this for Memorial Day; he digs the color combination ... and, as he likes to say, "these colors don't run."
Sooooooooooo, yesterday, when I described this card and it's purpose ... and repeated the "these colors don't run" sentiment to Sheila's
brain-dead wacky sister, Jill, she said, "Oh, yes, they do ... and I have a drawer full of pink underwear to prove it!"
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy day with me!
- Crafty Ann's Challenge: Anything Goes
- Glenda's Random Amusing: Use Twine (In Button)
- Just Us Girls: Red, White, & Blue
- Ooh La-La Creations: Bright and Cheerful
- S2G Twisted Thursday: Home Sweet Home (USA)/Ribbon
- Stamp Something: Celebrate Something (Memorial Day)
- Stamp TV: Red, White, & Blue
- Card Stock: "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamp: Sentiment Stamp by Heidi Swapp; Star by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Night of Navy" and "Real Red" Dye Inks by Stampin' Up
- Accessories: Vintage Button; Vintage Bakery Twine; 1/2" Red Satin Ribbon
- Tools: SAMJ by Stampin' Up; Corner Chomper by WRMKs; Mini Glue Dot by Mini-Glue Dot
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)