Monday, May 3, 2010

Out with the New; In with the Old

Pin It


Happy Monday, Crafty Peeps ... hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Today's card project is a CASE of a card Erica created about a month ago. Isn't her card stunning?!? So, do you remember when this "shadow box" style of stamping was wildly popular:

I do ... and I have the drawer full of shadow stamps to prove it! Erica and I have decided to bring shadow-style stamping back into style ... 'cept Erica doesn't know it yet. If you've been stamping for more than five years, I know you've got a shadow stamp or six in your stash.

Talk about Clean and Simple! ... shadow stamping is the original CAS card style. Whaddya say we all drag 'em out and use 'em ... the stamp companies won't know what the heck is goin' on!

For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all the shadowy product info, check out the Card Ingredients, below.

Soooooooo, on Sunday I stopped in after Church to see how Sheila's Sunday School class was going. Research, you know. But her class was going along just fine. Boring. Nothing funny here.

But, on the way out, we passed by a large, lined garbage pail.

"My latest do-goodin' project." Sheila said proudly as we passed.

"Really?"

"Sure. See the sign: 'Empty water bottles here.' Yup, that's me ... Queen of Recycling and Friend of Earth."

"Well, maybe you should have been a l'il more specific, Your Majesty." I said, peering into the pail.

"What the ... !?!" Sheila exclaimed.

The garbage pail was full of water.

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy Monday with me!

~Hugs,


Today's Challenges:

Card Ingredients:
  • Card Stock: "Baja Breeze," "Pink Pirouette," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Shadow Stamp #IV by Hero Arts; "Bonsai Sprig" by Stampendous; Sentiment by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Baja Breeze," "Basic Black," and "Pink Pirouette" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Shabby Shutters" Distress Ink by Ranger
  • Tools: Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
Shop for Stampin' Up products online ... 24/7 ... HERE

14 comments:

BonnieRose said...

I do hv shadow stamps.. how did you know? LOL love your card!

Crystal said...

OOOOO LOVE the shadow stamp effect Deb...This is gorgeous and LOVE this CAS style!!!! Def. a wonderful bday creation!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend sweetie!!! Hugs!

Tina said...

Super sweet! Loving that silhouette stamp too. fun card.

Maria Matter said...

yep, got the shadow stamps! haha

Simply stunning card Deb! CAS are my favs!!!
Hope you had a super wknd!
Hugs & Blessings!

Kate said...

Great card, I'm inspired to get my shadow stamps out and dust them off. Thanks for joining in at By the Cute and Girly this month.

** Kate **

knitwit said...

Yet another week of beautiful cards for you! How come all I accomplished this week was one load of clean laundry and 6 more gray hairs?!!

redwasher1 said...

I don't have any shadow stamps but I sure like your card! Beautifully done.

Allison said...

Your cards get better by the day! (And you are so versatile.) Love this simple layout and I see a CASE in my future!

Brenda said...

Everything old is new again! Wonderful card and way to go bringing back some old stamps. I think I may have a few buried under all of my more current stamps, but to be honest I can't remember.

Erica said...

You sly fox, YOU! I consider myself challenged. Check out my blog in one hour. I Can Do This!
:D.
You're the best

nnalorac said...

Love the simplicity of your card, so pretty. Love the Hero Arts Shadow inks, such beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us over on BTC&G this month. nnalorac.xx

Joan said...

I absolutely love the simplicity of this Deb!!!! Gotta see if I have something I can copy you with!!!

Chrissy D said...

WOW! This is FANTASTIC! I will be casing this! Thanks so much for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Don`t think I ever used shadow stamps, but seeing this, I think I just might! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us over at BTC&G and Good Luck! x