Happy Monday, Crafty Peeps ... hope you had a wonderful weekend!
Today's card project is a CASE of a card Erica created about a month ago. Isn't her card stunning?!? So, do you remember when this "shadow box" style of stamping was wildly popular:
I do ... and I have the drawer full of shadow stamps to prove it! Erica and I have decided to bring shadow-style stamping back into style ... 'cept Erica doesn't know it yet. If you've been stamping for more than five years, I know you've got a shadow stamp or six in your stash.
Talk about Clean and Simple! ... shadow stamping is the original CAS card style. Whaddya say we all drag 'em out and use 'em ... the stamp companies won't know what the heck is goin' on!
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all the shadowy product info, check out the Card Ingredients, below.
Soooooooo, on Sunday I stopped in after Church to see how Sheila's Sunday School class was going. Research, you know. But her class was going along just fine. Boring. Nothing funny here.
But, on the way out, we passed by a large, lined garbage pail.
"My latest do-goodin' project." Sheila said proudly as we passed.
"Sure. See the sign: 'Empty water bottles here.' Yup, that's me ... Queen of Recycling and Friend of Earth."
"Well, maybe you should have been a l'il more specific, Your Majesty." I said, peering into the pail.
"What the ... !?!" Sheila exclaimed.
The garbage pail was full of water.
Thanks so much for spending part of your busy Monday with me!
- By the Cute and Girly: Celebrations
- Creative Belli: Birthday / Something Old: Shadow Stamp
- Paper Play Challenge: Pretty Pastels
- Stamp With Us: Birthday (SU: Card Stock; Dye Inks; Sentiment Stamp)
- Card Stock: "Baja Breeze," "Pink Pirouette," and "Whisper White" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Stamps: Shadow Stamp #IV by Hero Arts; "Bonsai Sprig" by Stampendous; Sentiment by Stampin' Up
- Ink: "Baja Breeze," "Basic Black," and "Pink Pirouette" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up; "Shabby Shutters" Distress Ink by Ranger
- Tools: Stamp-a-Ma-Jig by Stampin' Up; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up