Happy Monday, Craftologists ... hope your weekend was long and lovely!
Today's card project was created with the current Play Date Cafe Challenge, PDCC29, in mind ... among others. I love to participate in this challenge as the color schemes are always fantastic ... and unusual. And this week is no exception ... here's a look at the inspiration photo:
WoWzA, you don't see this color combination every day ... or do you?!? 'Cuz you'll never guess what this photo is: it's an intense close-up of peeling paint. Who knew it was this exciting to look at paint peeling?!? W-a-y more fun than watching paint dry ... For all of the challenging deets, please visit The Play Date Cafe Challenge blog located HERE.
I tore my stash apart looking for something in that shade of lime green and was astounded to discover I had nothing. Well, we won't let a l'il thing like that stand in our way! I used something as close to that lime green as possible ... the mat behind the bunch of tulips:
A few l'il details: the tulip thingie is an ancient sticker from Paper Bliss, the ribbon is vintage seam binding, the edge of the tulips were colored with a pale blue Copic marker, and the flourish was cut from vintage wallpaper.
For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo ... and for all of the amazing product info, check out the Card Recipe, below.
Sooooooooo, this weekend, Sheila's DH, Ken, was reading to us from the Palm Beach Post. He does this a LOT and it's kinda annoying ...
"Says here that the Department of Agriculture has decided to set new, stricter salmonella standards for poultry." Ken read to us.
"Well, Lord knows I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure the standard should just be 'no salmonella allowed'." Sheila replied.
Thanks so much for visiting today ... I really appreciate it!
- ABC Challenge: 'U' is for 'Unused' (Paper Bliss Tulip Sticker)
- Clearly Delightful: Blue and Green
- Crafty Catz: Petals and Pearls
- Drunken Stampers: Scraps (Tulips; I Can't Get Rid of This!)
- Fairy Fun Friday's: Flowers
- Meljen's Designs: Flowers & Blooms
- Paper Make-Up Stamps: Three Flowers
- Res-Q Challenge: Superfoods (Kiwi: Color)
- The Play Date Cafe Challenge: Color
- Card Stock: White by PTI; "Garden Green" Card Stock by Stampin' Up
- Designer Paper: Pale Blue From "Periphery" Collection by BasicGrey
- Other Paper: Vintage Wallpaper
- Stamp: Sentiment by PTI
- Ink: "Garden Green" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up
- Color Medium: Copic Marker (B0000)
- Accessories: Tulip Sticker by Paper Bliss; Vintage Seam Binding; Flat-Back Pearls
- Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Rectangle Die; Stampin' Dimensionals and SNAIL Adhesive by Stampin' Up
- Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" (Top-Folded)