Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birds, Birds, Birds x 3 ...

Pin It


BIG news stampers! Today is "No Housework" day! 'Course I celebrate that day nearly everyday, but isn't it nice to know that it's official?!?

Today's card project was created using l'il bitty inchie stamps from Inkadinkado. Sooo stinkin' cute, aren't they? They start to lose their adorableness when you're cuttin' 'em out and creating l'il mats for all nine of 'em, though.

I stamped my bird-inchies using "Indian Corn Blue," "Cranberry," and "Outdoor Denim" dye inks from Close to My Heart. If you're interested, all inks are available HERE. And I must say that while I love everything SU, I worship these dye inks. There! I've said it and I'm not sorry!

The sentiment, from Stampin' Up, was stamped on PTI's Stamper's Select card stock, then double matted. And finis! A bird-like, springlike, "how you doin'" card.

For the rest of the l'il bitty deets, check out the supply list, below.

So, this weekend, Sheila and I decided to spend the day at our favorite beach.

As we sat sunning, we saw a fisherman capsize his boat about 40 yards out.

We called out and asked him if he needed any help ... such as he could get from us.

"No, thanks, I'm okay," he answered, but he continued to hold on to his overturned boat.

So we sat back down and watched him watching us.

"Hey," the fisherman called to us, "are there any gators out here?" Uh, oh, a tourista.

"Naw, they haven't been around here for years." Sheila answered.

With that, the guy finally decided to start swimming toward shore ... at a very leisurely pace. About halfway in, he hollered, "So, how'd they get rid of the 'gators?"

"Oh, nobody did anything special." Sheila said.

"Really?" the swimming-fishing-tourist-guy asked.

"Nope; the sharks got 'em!"

WoWzA, he turned out to be a super-fast swimmer!

~Hugs,


  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up
  • Stamps: Bird Inchie Stamps from "Birds & Butterflies" Set by Inkadinkado; Sentiment from "Seasonal Whimsy" Set by Stampin' Up
  • Ink: "Indian Corn Blue," "Cranberry," and "Outdoor Denim" Dye Inks by Close to my Heart
  • Tools: Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714

16 comments:

mochamama said...

hehehehe, cute story. I don't know what would scare me more the crocs or the sharks! Love the inchies. I know they aren't that difficult but for some reason I can't seem to get my inchies to look right!

chelemom said...

Everyday is a "holiday" at my house! Housework.....or scrappin'? mmmmmmmmm.......Love your card with the inchies!!! Really striking!

Maria Matter said...

Hey Deb!
beautiful birdie card, I'm lovin' that indian corn blue! Your inchies look great, I think the hardest part is lining them up straight...ya did good!
Funny shark tale today and I enjoyed your Jeresy accent...how you doin'....whenever I hear that I think jon bon jovi! :)
Have a super weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Oh my gosh, I am a lovin this. The colors are perfect and what a fun layout.

Brenda said...

LOL great story Deb. Really no housework, I'm loving it!!! Great card, how did you get them all so perfect? I always struggle with keeping them straight and even.

Risa said...

Your card is gorgeous Deb! I love the different bird images...too cool!!!
hugs
Risa:)

wendyp said...

Yay! Like this day, but wishing I had read it early in the day. I'm half way through cleaning, LOL!

Deb, this is fantastic! I am intimidated by the inchie trend because the images are so tiny in comparison to the card, but I LOVE the way you use them to fill the card! This ROCKS!

Chris said...

you should have told me about no housework earlier today...i could have ben even lazier...LOL your card is super cute!! love the "inchie" birds...>"<

Elena said...

These birds are so cute, Deb! And I love the fun layout!

Joan said...

Great card - great story!

Theresa said...

Oh, Deb, this card is fabulous! I could never get a red/white/blue card to work so well. Love the LO. Everything is just perfect! Love the story. I don't blame the guy for worrying over gators. I'm happy here is CA where all I have to worry about are earthquakes. Thanks for the laugh. You always make my day!

savy said...

OMG This card is breathtaking! You managed to make bird images fresh & fetching all over again!

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love your card. I love the repetition of color and image within the grid.

Great story too.

redwasher1 said...

Deb, I'm love'n your blog, not only do you make gorgeous works of art! I love your little stories. tfs, geri

Ann said...

Awesome LO and colors! This card rocks!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

oh wow this card and stamps are so beautiful Deb!! :) ♥