Monday, April 6, 2009

A-Tisket-A-Tasket, A Candy-Free Basket ...

Pin It


Happy Monday, race fans! And happy "Sorry Charlie" day! I don't know about you, but this means that I'll be making Tuna Casserole tonight. Sorry, DH.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card was created for a recent SCS sketch challenge ... which I completely forgot to post. Sorry, Charlie.

I used DP from DCWV and Cornish Heritage Farms on SU card stock, a couple of swiped paint sample cards from Lowe's, some blue metal photo corners, a scrap of satin ribbon, and three or five old buttons.

The Easter basket was stamped on "Stampers Select" card stock using "Indian Corn Blue" dye ink. I threaded the buttons with skinny strips of DP, and mounted the whole shebang on two die-cut paint sample cards. Easy-peasy!

So yesterday was Palm Sunday and, because he wasn't feeling well, I stayed home with Sheila's son, Reid-the-Wild-Child.

When Sheila finally returned home carrying palm branches, Reid asked what they were for.

"People held them over Jesus' head as he walked by," Sheila explained.

"Whaaaaat?!? The one Sunday I didn't go, He showed up!?!"

I. Kid. You. Not.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Stampers Select" by Papertrey Ink; "Kiwi Kiss" by Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: "Nana's Nursery" Collection by DCWV; "MochaChica" by Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Stamp: Easter Basket from "Hoppy Easter" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Indian Corn Blue" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Metal Photo Corners by Provo Craft; Paint Sample Cards; Vintage Buttons; Faux Rhinestone Sticker by Close to My Heart; 1/8" Satin Ribbon
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Nestabilities Large Scallop Square Die by Spellbinder's; Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive; "The Ultimate" Glue by Api

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

LOL, thanks for the laugh this morning Deb!
Lovely card; sweet little basket! Great job layering the paint sample scallops! :) (you're so resourceful)
Have a super day!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

How cute is this! So clever!!

Brenda said...

Kids can be so darn funny. Very nice card, I like how you layer the scallop squares and add buttons to the basket. TFS

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

looove this sweet card Deb and how clever using the buttons for eggs!!! fabulous!! :) ♥

Theresa said...

Too funny! Love the card, Deb! The button basket is so cool.

redwasher1 said...

This is so sweet and I love how you used the buttons. Spring is in the air!

Elena said...

How cute your basket, Deb! Love the buttons so much! And how creative you are with paint samples!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that cute basket, wonderful job.

Chris said...

i love the buttons in place of the eggs!! but i want chocolate in my basket!!! >"<

purplestamper316 said...

Great card...I am sure enjoying your blog :) I really appreciate your sense of humor! <><

Risa said...

Your card is so darn cute Deb! I just LOVE your basket and the buttons are priceless!
hugs
Risa:)

wendyp said...

how stinkin CUTE and clever to use the buttons as eggs! Love this!!!

Ann said...

Super cute! Love the buttons!

LeAnne said...

Deb, you are too funny! I remember this little basket from a long-ago SU set! Absolutely adorable card you've made here! Love it, love it, love it!
LeAnne