Thursday, April 16, 2009

You're 1 in a Melon. Are Too!

Pin It


Happy Thursday, all and one!

So, lately I'm thinking about moving out of Florida. Why? 'Cuz I'm still suffering from the. worst. allergy. season. evuh! My medication, which I'm not convinced helps, knocks me completely unconscious. No, much more unconscious than normal ...

Anyway, I crawled out of my comfy recliner to create this card for SCS's "Clean and Simple" challenge. This week's challenge, CAS10, calls for a monochromatic card using only white, cream, or vanilla as a neutral . To check out the challenge deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the challenge gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I {heart} this retired stamp set from Stampin' Up ... I'll have to use some of the other stamps from the set so you can ooooohhhhh and aaaahhhhh over them. If you're in a hurry, the set is called "Farm Fresh," it's been retired since 2005, and you can see it HERE. Isn't it cute with a capital "Q?"

Soooooo, Sheila's son, Reid-the-Wild-Child, called me last night to tell me that he knew "the funniest joke in the whole-wide-world," and asked me to post it on my blog. How could I say no?!? IS this the funniest joke in the whole-wide-world?

~A pirate walks into a bar with a paper towel on his head.

~The bartender says, "What's with the paper towel?"

~The pirate says, "Arrrrrrr! I've got a Bounty on me head!"

Thanks for spending part of your busy day with me; you rock!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Patterned Paper: "Nana's Nursery" by DCWV
  • Stamp: "Farm Fresh" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Sunflower" Dye Ink by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon
  • Tools: Foam Dimensionals; Cutter Bee Scissors by EK Success

15 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Well, there she is! Mornin' to ya!
Simply stunning card Deb! Love it when you don't need to mess with a card so much and it comes out looking like this....perfect! Well done!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

Oh my word, this is amazing. Love it!!

Brenda said...

Great card Deb! I really like monochromatic cards. Love the joke!

LeAnne said...

Loverly card, and the joke IS a funny one, too! :D
LeAnne

Kath said...

Hey there...I'm still alive (and fighting the virus, weather is no better up here), glad to hear you are still alive as well!
So how old is this Reid kid? I read all your jokes to my 10 y/o and he didn't think any of them were funny...sorry! The last thing that got him roflol was the note on the school picture form that pants were recommended on picture day. They're optional every other day, ya know.....
hugs to ya :)
Kath

Curt in Carmel said...

Love your take on the mono card Kiddo! That is such a bright, cheery color! Love it. This is the honest to God's truth. . .I started laughing just at the paper towel on the priate's head and then laughed even louder at the punch line. I thought it was hilarious! I'm going to call my Mom right not and tell it to her. I'll probably have to explain it. . .LOL Thanks for always making me laugh! Best, Curt

Ann said...

This is so yummy in yellow! Gorgeous CAS card!

Diane said...

Bright yellow is good,it looks yummy!

Chris said...

good joke, i'm telling my quinn in the am!! cute card, i like that stamp set too!! sorry you still feel like crap!! >"<

Margaret Kane Ward said...

Deb, the card's great. The joke's clean. Arizona can make your eyes itch with blowing dust instead of whatever's bugging you now!!! I have nothing more to say. :)

Elena said...

Love the saying of this card!
I will be very happy to see you in WI, Deb! Nothing is blooming here yet! ;)

Theresa said...

Tell Reid-the-Wild-Child that I think his joke is the funniest ever!

Risa said...

Your card is beautiful and the colors and image are terrific Deb! Great job with the challenge and Thanks for sharing!
hugs
Risa:)

Shirley said...

Great card, great joke and sounds like the allergies are doing great too!

Crystal said...

I'll trade you states girl, it is always so cold here summer never comes it seems like...ha!!! Hope you are feeling better! Your card is wonderful, i love these clean and simple cards but I never succeed at them, you did awesome...so cute!