Monday, April 27, 2009

Wish You Were Here ... And Were Rain

Pin It


Well, happy Monday everyone. I hope your weekend was fantastical!

And yup, we do need rain here ... lots of it. Soooo, if you have any that you're not using, feel free to send it my way.

Today's vintage-inspired card was created for SCS's Sketch Challenge, SC225. For a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC225 photo gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I used DP from a long discontinued Daisy D collection, some vintage trim, and some Kaiser Craft pearls. My image was stamped on ... something old ... then sponged with Distress Ink.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in ... oh, say, twenty minutes. For all the heart-poundin' product info, check out the Supply List, below.

So, I was hangin' out with Sheila this Saturday, and our conversation turned towards pregnancy and motherhood:

"I just don't share the enthusiasm some new parents have for babies," Sheila said.

"I hear ya," I responded.

"In fact," Sheila continued, "After spending a whole afternoon with Barb and her two brats, my Fallopian tubes tied themselves!"

Yikes! That gotta hurt!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Riding Hood Red" by Stampin' Up!; "Dark Chocolate" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Unknown Collection by Daisy D's; Unknown Vintage Something or Another
  • Stamp: "Wish You Were Here" by Diva Impressions
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!; "Old Paper" Dye Ink by Ranger Industries
  • Accessories: Vintage Lace Trim; Self-Adhesive Pearls by Kaiser Craft
  • Tools: Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive

10 comments:

Maria Matter said...

How vintage of you! This is absolutely gorgeous Deb!!!
Blessings, Maria

Tina said...

So vintage and wonderful! Stunning!

Elena said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the idea with the lace!
We have lots of rain here in WI too...

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous!! So Cheery!! Love the lace! We had rain but now we have hot, hot, hot weather in the 90's that is not at all normal for NY State in April! We could use the rain again.

Theresa said...

Hee hee! Love the vintage look of this card, Deb! Gorgeous colors!

The Rubber Maid said...

More rain then we know what to do with and if it were possible I'd air mail it. Love your card, reminds me of the Morton salt girl.
She has grown up in recent years and changed her look a bit. Pat

Ann said...

Lots of vintage-y goodness on this one, Deb! AND I've got oodles of rain to send your way!

Risa said...

Your card is very cute Deb! I love the beautiful DP and lovely vintage image!
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. I really wish that all the rain we have received lately would trickle down to your part of the world:)

Allison said...

Awesome image, DP and distressing.

Chris said...

gorgeous card! love the fabric and the lace..>"<