Monday, April 13, 2009

Could This BE Any Brighter?!?

Pin It


Happy Monday, all and one ... hope your holiday weekend was wonderful!

And let me start by apologizing to all of you for not getting to posting comments on your blogs these past few days. I'm having a devil of an allergy season ... one of the very worst ... and have actually spent more time sleeping than I have awake!

Today's card project was created for SCS's Sketch Challenge, SC223. For a look at the sketch I followed, clicky HERE. To go straight to the SC223 gallery, clicky HERE. For a ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

For the low-down on all the dirty deets, check out the supply list below.

So, this weekend the DH, who's a computer tech, got a call from a customer. The nice lady told the DH that her computer wasn't working properly. After she described the problem, the DH told her to bring the computer over for service.

He told her, "Unplug the power cord and bring it up here and I'll fix it for you."

About ten minutes later, she showed up at the door... with the electrical cord in her hand.

I. Kid. You. Not!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Stampin' Up!
  • Stamps: Flower by Inkadinkado; Sentiment by Papertrey Ink
  • Accessories: Epoxy Sticker; 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon; Vintage Button; Cotton String; Jump Ring
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Nestabilities Large Square Die; Border Punch by Fiskars; Tiny Tag Die by Provo Craft

12 comments:

Tina said...

The colors are great and I adore the image. So fun!

Allison said...

You rocked the brights...great eye-popping card!

Brenda said...

Very nicely done!! A happy cheerful card, I like it.

Nancy Ward said...

Hi!

Today I posted an entry on my blog with a link to your blog.

Would you let me know if that's OK?

Thanks,

nancy Ward
http://paperfriendly.blogspot.com

patti moffett said...

bright is beautiful!!!

hope you're feeling better...try vicks Vapor-Rub in your nostrils...opens up my sinuses when I have a cold and keeps my ears from getting congested...I also put on my forehead over my eyes(when I go to bed cause makes my eyes water) and under my eyes where my sinuses are...not the best perfume for DH but does the trick for a head cold
blessings
patti

Chris said...

hold on, i have to get my shades...oh that's better...super, sunny card!! love it...sorry about your allergies...i feel your pain, as soon as our trees start budding,, i'll be right there with ya...but for now, we are still having winter. only 18' tonight...

Theresa said...

Ooooh, I love the bright colors on this card! So pretty! Hope you are feeling better soon!

Elena said...

I love the colors on the card! Really bright and cheerful!
Deb, I hope that you feel better soon! My DH had the same problem when we lived in VA, that is why we moved in WI...

redwasher1 said...

Gorgeous card like the colors too. Hope your feeling better soon!

Heather the Mooselover said...

I love the vibrant colors on your card.

Too funny about the electrical cord!

Ann said...

Wowzers, that is bright, but hey, I love bright colors, so I think it's FAB!

Diane said...

As if she showed up with the electrical cord,lol!!!
Takes all kinds of people to make the world go round,lol!
Your card is nice and bright!!!
Hope your allergies clear up soon!