Friday, April 24, 2009

New Digs for the Birds!

Pin It


T
GiF, girls and boy!

Seriously, I hope that whatever is wrong with Blogger clears up over the weekend. So, if this post looks te
rrible ... some parts bold, some not; some text in black, some in blue; some sections underlined, some not; some text in one font, other text in another font ... it's 'cuz Blogger is having issues, okeedokee? I've struggled with this for hours and I'm finally saying "uncle." I give up ... and I do apologize for the mess, but I can't fix it.

Anyway, as threatened promised here's another project created with this uber-kewl craft stamp from Stamps Happen. Click
HERE to take a look at this fun and versatile craft stamp from Janlynn.

I stamped the image on red and blue card stock and cut out all the l'il birdies. I created a "house" from textured paint sample cards, added some "windows," and stamped my sentiment.

For the rest of the provocative products I used in this project, refer to the Supply List, below.

So, yesterday I had Jury Duty. I would love to be chosen for a Jury, but my legal background always gets me excused. Drat the luck!

A lady seated next to me, one of the prospective jurors, was surprised by the definition of voluntary manslaughter: an intentional killing that occurs while the defendant is under the immediate influence of sudden passion arising from an adequate cause, such as when a spouse's mate is found in a "compromising position."

"See, I have a problem with that passion business," she said. "During my first marriage, I came home and found my husband in bed with my next-door neighbor. All I did was divorce him. I had no idea that I could have shot him!" She didn't get picked either ...

Have a great weekend my imaginary friends!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink; Stampin' Up!
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart
  • Craft Stamps: "The Birds and The Bees" by Stamps Happen by Janlynn; Sentiment by Cornish Heritage Farms
  • Ink: "Tuxedo Black" Memento Dye Ink by Tsukineko; "Outdoor Denim" by Close to My Heart
  • Accessories: Textured Paint Sample Cards from Lowe's
  • Tools: Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive

14 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a wonderful card!!!! I love the little birdie peeking out of the window and the beautiful colors! SO very pretty!

Hugs!
Carolyn

Tina said...

Supah cute. You are so clever.

Brenda said...

Fab card Deb!! I love your story about the lady at jury duty, thank you for a laugh this morning. Happy Friday!

Coleen said...

Hi Deb,
i sent you an email asking about your vintage little girl photos on a transparency sheet 2007 - do you still carry it or have any others on a transparency??

Heart Hugs,
Coleen

wendyp said...

Super cute!!!

Ann said...

Super cute, Deb! And OMG, your jury duty story is too funny!

Elena said...

Wow! This card is so cute! I love the little house and scene you created! Love the bird in the window.

Crystal said...

This is sooo pretty Deb!!! love your card! Come visit my blog I have an award for you.

Chris said...

super cute, love the birds!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Great card. Love the little birds.
Pat

knitwit said...

You always crack me up! Great card, too!

redwasher1 said...

I love your card and your humor! You brighten my day.

Risa said...

You are too funny Deb! I love the way your find humor in almost everything...what a gift!
Your card is too darn cute!!! Your house is so cute and I love the various shapes of the birds. Just so that you know, your blog is showing up perfectly from where I sit!
hugs
Risa:)

Theresa said...

OMGosh, I wish you could take my place. I have jury duty tomorrow. My fingers are crossed that my group doesn't have to report. At least now I know how to get out of it if it is a manslaughter case.