Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Inside Out Greetings ...

Pin It


Happy Hump Day all and one! Oh! And a happy "National Jelly Bean Day" to you and yours. Now, please pass the j-beans ...


ONward Hoarding-Card-Maker's:

Today's card was created for no-good reason using a sentiment stamp from Stampin' Up! This sentiment, from SU's "Elegant Greetings," is meant to go on the inside of the card, but because I'm wild and crazy, I put it on the outside. Whoa! I s'pose this means I'll have to put the outside sentiment, "Happy Birthday," on the inside.


So, I used one of Spellbinder's new Impressabilities embossing templates ... and I'm terribly sad to report that I'm not too wild about these. They seem very thin and quite fragile compared to the 'Bugs embossing folders. And I found it difficult to get a deep impression.


In case you'd like to try these Impressabilities embossing templates in your Cuttlebug, here's my stacking order:

  1. Spacer Plate A;
  2. Spellbinder's Embossing Template;
  3. Card Stock;
  4. Rubber Gasket / Spellbinder's Tan Mat;
  5. Chipboard and 4 -5 Card Stock Shims; and,
  6. Cutting Plate B.

For all the exciting product deets, check out the Supply List, below.

Soooo, I was yakkin' on the phone with Sheila yesterday when she put me on "hold" ... kinda ... to have this conversation with her DH:


"Are you talkin' to Deb? Again?!?" I heard Ken ask.


"Well, duh, yes. I have to talk to Deb everyday." Sheila responded.


"Why? Didn't you just talk to her yesterday? What could you possibly have to tell her?"


"Well, for one thing, I have to tell her you just said that." Sheila snapped.


Ummmmmmmmm, no, you dont ...


I'll be back on Friday - Jury Duty calls!


~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp: "Elegant Greetings" Set by Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: "Chocolate Chip" Dye Ink by Stampin' Up!
  • Accessories: 5/8" Satin Ribbon; "Pearl" Dew Drops by Robin's Nest
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Labels One Die by Spellbinder's; "Vintage" Die by Provo Craft; "Impressabilities" Embossing Template; Corner Rounder Punch; Rock Fern Punch by Punch Bunch; Pine Bough Punch by McGill; Foam Dimensional Tape; Scotch ATG 714; "The Ultimate" Craft Glue by Api

10 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Deb!! Fabulous card!! Jury duty!! I have done it once and have been called three times...
I find it fascinating! A little bit of a wrench in your day.. We had to be sequestered too...
Have a good one!

Maria Matter said...

What a beautiful card Deb! The sentiment is very versatile and looks great on the front especially on your label!
I've never had the priviledge of jury duty...with homeschooling! Taking the "teacher" away kinda messes up the school day! ha!
Enjoy!
blessings, Maria

Crystal said...

Good Morning Deb, Oh my what a stunning card, I love all these beautiful punches!!! gorgeous!

Tina said...

Wonderful card, such great colors.

Elena said...

I love all of the texture on this card! Very neat idea with the die-cuts!
Gorgeous card, Deb!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I love the textures, design and colors on this card!! Love how you used the diecuts!!

Allison said...

Gorgeous creation Deb!

Jean from jlfstudio said...

Love the card Deb. If you mist the cardstock with alcohol (rubbing kind not the internal sugary kind) or water you'll get a deeper impression though still not the same as a cuttlebug folder. The idea behind these like the Sizzix texturz plates is more a texture type impression than a true embossing. Just another way to go I guess....though I'm with you I love using the cbug folders in my Big Shot!

Hugs and blessings - Jean

Risa said...

Your card is very pretty Deb! The sentiment and flowers are truly awesome.
hugs
Risa:)
p.s. Good luck with jury duty:)

Ann said...

Love the colors and LO on this one, Deb!