Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Simple Pleasures? Free Paint Sample Cards!

Pin It


Happy Hump Day girls and boy! So today is "Be Nasty" Day ... yikes! Hey, don't look at me: I don't write 'em I just repeat 'em.

ONward H-C-M's:

Today's card project was created for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS09. This week challenge is to "add interest to your card by distressing." For all the challenge-like deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS09 photo gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.

I stamped my image on a swiped free paint sample card from Lowe's ... or Home Depot ... using solvent ink, then distressed the edges. I matted the distressed image on black card stock and distressed those edges. You should see all the l'il piles of paper fluff I have floating around my studio!

I added two brads, wrapped a twill ribbon around the card, then tied on a button with jute twine. So easy, even I a child could do it!

So last night, Sheila asked me to sit with Reid-the-Wild-Child for a bit.

"Auntie," Reid announced, "I have a really, really, really funny joke for your blog."

"Oh, goodie, tell me!"

"What did the Zero say to the Eight?" Reid asked.

"I give up ... what did the Zero say to the Eight?"

"Nice belt!"

Give it a minute ... it'll grow on you.

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
  • Other Paper: Paint Sample Card
  • Stamp: "Simple Pleasures" by Inkadinkado
  • Ink: "Jet Black" Staz-On Solvent Ink by Tsukineko
  • Accessories: Brads by Close to My Heart; Twill Ribbon by Offray; Button by Making Memories; Jute Twine
  • Tools: Edge Distressing Tool by Heidi Swapp; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive

14 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Wow, this is lovely Deb!
The paint chip thing is brilliant, what a great effect!
Love that image too!
Have a super day!!!
Blessings,Maria

Elena said...

I couldn't understand the joke first... But then I got it! Going to tell it to my DH!
Wow! Deb, your card is great! Love, love how you use those samples! Love the stamp you used too!

Janine said...

Such a cute joke!! HAHA!!
Love the card too Deb..
Have a wonderful Easter weekend.

Tonniece said...

LOL good joke.
Lov'n all that blue on your lovely card Deb.

Happpy Wednesday

Tonniece said...

LOL good joke.
Lov'n all that blue on your lovely card Deb.

Happpy Wednesday

Tonniece said...

LOL good joke.
Lov'n all that blue on your lovely card Deb.

Happpy Wednesday

Risa said...

Your card is BEAUTIFUL Deb! To me it's a perfect Father's Day card. I LOVE it!
hugs
Risa:)

Joan said...

Great card - I haven't used paint chips in a long long time. Cute joke too!!!

Ann said...

This is just perfect for the challenge! I think this one'd be a great guy card.

Allison said...

Looks terrific...love the antiqued image with these bright colors!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

fabulous card Deb!!! a great stamp!!! a very blessed Easter to you ♥ :)

Theresa said...

Cool idea with the paint chip! I love your card.

Chris said...

tell wild child, it was a good joke!! cute card too, i like your distressing, makes my walnut ink look sad and so common...LOL happy easter, my friend!! >"<

Curt in Carmel said...

Hey Kiddo! I was so excited to see that you used a paint chip sample! I have a TON of the solid ones (smaller squares) in every possible color that I use to punch images out. This gives me another great idea using the multi-colored ones! Genius! Don't forget to come visit. . .there is big news happening! Happy Easter! Best, Curt