Happy Hump Day girls and boy! So today is "Be Nasty" Day ... yikes! Hey, don't look at me: I don't write 'em I just repeat 'em.
Today's card project was created for SCS's Clean and Simple challenge, CAS09. This week challenge is to "add interest to your card by distressing." For all the challenge-like deets, clicky HERE. To go straight to the CAS09 photo gallery, clicky HERE. For the ginormous view of my card, clicky on the photo.
I stamped my image on a
swiped free paint sample card from Lowe's ... or Home Depot ... using solvent ink, then distressed the edges. I matted the distressed image on black card stock and distressed those edges. You should see all the l'il piles of paper fluff I have floating around my studio!
I added two brads, wrapped a twill ribbon around the card, then tied on a button with jute twine. So easy, even
I a child could do it!
So last night, Sheila asked me to sit with Reid-the-Wild-Child for a bit.
"Auntie," Reid announced, "I have a really, really, really funny joke for your blog."
"Oh, goodie, tell me!"
"What did the Zero say to the Eight?" Reid asked.
"I give up ... what did the Zero say to the Eight?"
Give it a minute ... it'll grow on you.
- Card Stock: Bazzill Basics; Papertrey Ink
- Other Paper: Paint Sample Card
- Stamp: "Simple Pleasures" by Inkadinkado
- Ink: "Jet Black" Staz-On Solvent Ink by Tsukineko
- Accessories: Brads by Close to My Heart; Twill Ribbon by Offray; Button by Making Memories; Jute Twine
- Tools: Edge Distressing Tool by Heidi Swapp; Dimensionals; Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive