Friday, April 3, 2009

Do Like the Big Owl Says ...

Pin It


TGIF boy and girls! And, 'cuz it's "Don't Go to Work Unless it's Fun" Day, I'm assuming you're home enjoying the start of a l-o-n-g weekend. If you're reading this at work, leave immediately! Unless it's fun ...

ONward Hoarding-Card-Makers:

My no-stamping card was created on Papertrey's "Summer Sunrise" card base. I cut the cute l'il owl and the scallop border from a piece of 12 x 12 scrapbook paper from Sassafras Lass, ran blue Papertrey card stock through the 'Bug using the "Bloom Dots" A2 Embossing Folder, added some brads, some dotted grosgrain ribbon, and a rub-on sentiment. Easy peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

For all the delicious ingredients, check the supply list, below.

So last night, I was on the phone with my niece who mentioned that she was taking a psychology course at UConn.

"Oh, great," I said, "Now you'll be analyzing everyone in the family."

"No, no," she replied. "I don't take abnormal psychology until next year."

Brat.

Have a great weekend!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: "Summer Sunrise" and "Spring Rain" by Papertrey Ink
  • Designer Paper: Sassafras Lass
  • Accessories: Brads by American Crafts; Grosgrain Ribbon, Unknown; Rub-On by Making Memories
  • Tools: Die-Cut Machine; Cuttlebug "Bloom Dots" A2 Embossing Folder; Dimensionals, Scotch ATG 714 Adhesive

18 comments:

Lauri said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!!! This card is the cutest! and did I miss "dont go to work unless it's fun" day?? aarghh! wish I had known and I would have taken today off!!!

If everyday was that day I would never go to work!

Tina said...

I think he hynotized me....his eyes have me in a trance. Love it!

Maria Matter said...

Now that's a great owl!
beautiful papers and I love the scallops on the edge, the wings and those eyes! Fantastic job Deb!
Hope you have a fab weekend!
Blessings, Maria

Joan said...

Fantastic Owl....have a great weekend.

Elena said...

Very cute Owl! Oh, I love him (her)! Love owl's eyes!!! Deb, you are fantastic!

Theresa said...

Deb, this is fab!

Tonniece said...

lol, Your a hoot.....get it? OKAY, not funny, but then neither is this cute card, it's deeelish.

Happy saturday Deb

wendyp said...

oh my goodness! Deb, that owl is just the cutest thing ever! Love it!

Allison said...

I am in a trance...must follow whatever mama owl says...

JK! Love this...great mix of papers for the owl! (And those button eyes are mesmerizing!)

CraftyC said...

Love your owl card Deb, and your niece sounds very cheeky LOL
Clairex

redwasher1 said...

Love your cards! Your blog is awesome and I love it! Thank you for your sweet comments on my new blog. You give me something to strive for. Love your humor!

Brenda said...

That owl is so stinking cute! Fabulous card Deb. I really enjoy your blog. Thank you for the lovely comments on my blog, you totally rock!!

Curt in Carmel said...

Excellent card!! Cute as it can be! Love your niece's comment. Almost like a Sheila comment! LOL Best, Curt

Janine said...

Great card Deb!!!

Ann said...

OMGosh, Deb, I LOVE this one! Your owl is too cute!

♥ Marlou ♥ said...

wow!!! Deb I looooove this big owl, he is fabulous :) ♥

Chris said...

love the freakin owl!! >"<

Risa said...

What an enchanting owl....he makes me smile!
hugs
Risa:)